East Central Community College
- East Central Community College seeks to fulfill the educational needs of its students from the five-county district which it serves. In a continuing effort to meet these needs, the College, through its board of trustees, administration, faculty, and staff conceives its purpose to be to provide instruction and service. To achieve its instructional goals, the College provides programs of instruction which incorporate knowledge and skills applicable to life in a complex world society. In addition to offering its students opportunities for their mental, physical, and emotional development, the College, as a service provider, also offers the constituencies of the district counties opportunities for assistance for growth and advancement. To successfully fulfill its purpose, East Central Community College provides, at minimum cost, a variety of programs which include senior college or university parallel, technical, health-related, vocational, adult, and remedial education.
Top Placements (Mississippi)
Listed among the top community colleges in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 107 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|East Central Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||107 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,544 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,971 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||573 students||622 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||593|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$30,000|
- In 1928 the Legislature of the State of Mississippi adopted the first basic laws for the organization and operation of Mississippi public junior colleges. East Central Community College opened its doors to a freshman class of twenty students for the first regular session in September of 1928. East Central Community College is part of the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) and is committed to providing quality, on-line instruction as an alternative delivery system to those who need educational opportunities but cannot schedule time to come on campus. In addition to the classes listed on the ECCC schedule, there are other opportunities available through East Central and the MSVCC for on-line courses from other Mississippi Community Colleges. East Central Community College, located in Decatur, Mississippi, is a community college that thrives on academic excellence. During the Fall semester of 2004, the college set a new record enrollment of 2,739 students. Serving its five-county district consisting of Leake, Neshoba, Newton, Scott, and Winston counties, East Central offers a variety of programs at a minimum cost. East Central Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree.
- The nearest community college to East Central Community College is Meridian Community College (22.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,390 students | 22.60 Mi910 Hwy 19 N
Meridian,  MS  39307
- 4,127 students | 45.40 Mi1512 Kemper Street
Scooba,  MS  39358
- 4,455 students | 58.40 Mi900 South Court Street
Ellisville,  MS  39437
- 5,798 students | 59.30 Mi#1 Hill St
Goodman,  MS  39079
- 374 students | 59.50 Mi2323 Lakeland Drive
Flowood,  MS  39232