- East Central Community College, is a public, open-access, comprehensive, two-year institution of higher education that provides university transfer education, distance education opportunities, career-technical programs, workforce development services, and basic skills offerings to meet the educational and training needs of the residents of Leake, Neshoba, Newton, Scott, and Winston counties located in east central Mississippi.
- Enrollment: 2,388 students
- In-state tuition: $2,170
- Out-state tuition: $4,270
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 37%
- Source: Verified school update
East Central Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- In 1928 the Legislature of the State of Mississippi adopted the first basic laws for the organization and operation of Mississippi public junior colleges. East Central Community College opened its doors to a freshman class of twenty students for the first regular session in September of 1928. East Central Community College is part of the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) and is committed to providing quality, on-line instruction as an alternative delivery system to those who need educational opportunities but cannot schedule time to come on campus. In addition to the classes listed on the ECCC schedule, there are other opportunities available through East Central and the MSVCC for on-line courses from other Mississippi Community Colleges. East Central Community College, located in Decatur, Mississippi, is a community college that thrives on academic excellence. During the Fall semester of 2004, the college set a new record enrollment of 2,739 students. Serving its five-county district consisting of Leake, Neshoba, Newton, Scott, and Winston counties, East Central offers a variety of programs at a minimum cost. East Central Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree.