- The mission of Ventura College is to offer academic and vocational programs leading to the completion of associate degrees or certificates; to prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities; to provide remediation to those who need to improve their basic skills; to support the state and region’s economic viability through workforce development; and to provide continuing education opportunities that enhance personal growth and life enrichment.
- The teacher population of 250 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ventura College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||250 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,928 students||7,516 students|
|# Full-Time Students||4,330 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,598 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,400||$34,600|
- Ventura College, an accredited two-year institution of higher education, has been a part of this beautiful seaside community since 1925. It is conveniently located approximately 60 miles north of Los Angeles and 30 miles south of Santa Barbara. The 112-acre campus, set in the rolling hills of Ventura, has an enrollment of 13,000 students. As one of the oldest of the 109 California Community Colleges, Ventura College has a tradition of helping its students succeed. Whether you are interested in transferring to a four-year institution, achieving your associate's degree or a certificate of completion, improving your career skills or taking classes for fun and enrichment, we are here to be of assistance! To facilitate your progress, we offer a variety of support services including personal, academic and career counseling, tutoring, financial aid, on-site child care, and a center for learning and physically disabled students. The college serves high school graduates and others who are able to benefit from the academic and vocational opportunities it offers. Courses are provided using both traditional and distance learning delivery systems. The faculty and staff of Ventura College are committed to student success and strive to create an environment of continuous improvement through the establishment of measurable and/or observable student learning outcomes that can be used to assess student performance, improve instructional and service delivery, and guide institutional decision-making. Ventura College is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council on Post-Secondary Accrediting and the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Ventura College is Santa Barbara Business College-Ventura (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 420 students | 1.30 Mi4839 Market Street
Ventura,  CA  93003
- 7,148 students | 8.80 Mi4000 S Rose Ave
Oxnard,  CA  93033
- 13,880 students | 22.60 Mi7075 Campus Rd
Moorpark,  CA  93021
- 17,927 students | 28.10 Mi721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara,  CA  93109
- 21,034 students | 37.70 Mi6201 Winnetka Ave
Woodland Hills,  CA  91371