- The mission of Ventura College is to offer academic and vocational programs leading to the completion of associate degrees or certificates; to prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities; to provide remediation to those who need to improve their basic skills; to support the state and regionï¿½s economic viability through workforce development; and to provide continuing education opportunities that enhance personal growth and life enrichment.
Ventura College serves 11,789 students (29% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 75% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 11,789 students
- In-state tuition: $1,388
- Out-state tuition: $7,050
- Student:teacher ratio: 27:1
- Minority enrollment: 75%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 435 teachers has grown by 74% over five years.
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Ventura College has declined by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five years.
The Ventura College diversity score of 0.55 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,388 is more than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,050 is more than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Ventura College, an accredited two-year institution of higher education, has been a part of this beautiful seaside community since 1925. It is conveniently located approximately 60 miles north of Los Angeles and 30 miles south of Santa Barbara. The 112-acre campus, set in the rolling hills of Ventura, has an enrollment of 13,000 students. As one of the oldest of the 109 California Community Colleges, Ventura College has a tradition of helping its students succeed. Whether you are interested in transferring to a four-year institution, achieving your associate's degree or a certificate of completion, improving your career skills or taking classes for fun and enrichment, we are here to be of assistance! To facilitate your progress, we offer a variety of support services including personal, academic and career counseling, tutoring, financial aid, on-site child care, and a center for learning and physically disabled students. The college serves high school graduates and others who are able to benefit from the academic and vocational opportunities it offers. Courses are provided using both traditional and distance learning delivery systems. The faculty and staff of Ventura College are committed to student success and strive to create an environment of continuous improvement through the establishment of measurable and/or observable student learning outcomes that can be used to assess student performance, improve instructional and service delivery, and guide institutional decision-making. Ventura College is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council on Post-Secondary Accrediting and the U.S. Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ventura College cost?
Ventura College's tuition is approximately $1,388 for In-State students and $7,050 for Out-State students.
What schools are Ventura College often compared to?
Ventura Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Santa Barbara City College by visitors of our site.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.