- The teacher population of 132 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Oxnard College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||132 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,148 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||54:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,981 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,167 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,900||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Oxnard College is Santa Barbara Business College-Ventura (7.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 420 students | 7.60 Mi4839 Market Street
Ventura,  CA  93003
- 12,928 students | 8.80 Mi4667 Telegraph Rd
Ventura,  CA  93003
- 13,880 students | 20.50 Mi7075 Campus Rd
Moorpark,  CA  93021
- 21,034 students | 33.50 Mi6201 Winnetka Ave
Woodland Hills,  CA  91371
- 17,927 students | 35.10 Mi721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara,  CA  93109
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.