- The teacher population of 132 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Oxnard College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||132 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,148 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||54:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,981 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,167 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,900||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Oxnard College is Santa Barbara Business College-Ventura (7.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 420 students | 7.60 Mi4839 Market Street
Ventura,  CA  93003
- 12,928 students | 8.80 Mi4667 Telegraph Rd
Ventura,  CA  93003
- 13,880 students | 20.80 Mi7075 Campus Rd
Moorpark,  CA  93021
- 21,034 students | 33.10 Mi6201 Winnetka Ave
Woodland Hills,  CA  91371
- 17,927 students | 35.00 Mi721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara,  CA  93109
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.