- As a public community college, Moorpark College offers programs and services accessible to the community. Drawing from a student-centered philosophy, Moorpark College creates learning environments that blend curriculum and services in providing to students.
- The teacher population of 265 teachers has declined by 23% over five years.
|Moorpark College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||265 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,880 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||52:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,586 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,294 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,400||$34,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Moorpark College is located in the foothills between the cities of Simi Valley and Moorpark. It is nestled on 134 acres. The college has been serving the citizens of the Ventura County since it opened in 1967 with a current enrollment of approximately 14,500 students. Moorpark College was established in 1963 by the Governing Board of the Ventura County Community College District. Soon after, a 134-acre site on Moorpark's eastern city boundary was secured in a combination donation/purchase from the Strathearns, a local ranching family. Moorpark College offers an average of 1,500 sections a semester, with courses in 70 disciplines, lower division preparation in a wide variety of transfer majors for the Baccalaureate degree and additional programs which lead to designated Associate degrees and Certificates of Achievement. Moorpark College also offers numerous Occupational Majors in areas geared to local and national employment needs and trends. Moorpark College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 3402 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, (707) 569-9177, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 21,034 students | 16.70 Mi6201 Winnetka Ave
Woodland Hills,  CA  91371
- 17,148 students | 16.80 Mi26455 Rockwell Canyon Rd
Valencia,  CA  91355
- 7,148 students | 20.80 Mi4000 S Rose Ave
Oxnard,  CA  93033
- 420 students | 22.60 Mi4839 Market Street
Ventura,  CA  93003
- 12,928 students | 22.60 Mi4667 Telegraph Rd
Ventura,  CA  93003
Learn about new sustainability programs designed to educate students on green industries and how students can use those studies to build successful, “green” careers.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.