- As a public community college, Moorpark College offers programs and services accessible to the community. Drawing from a student-centered philosophy, Moorpark College creates learning environments that blend curriculum and services in providing to students.
- Enrollment: 14,275 students
- In-state tuition: $1,388
- Out-state tuition: $7,050
- Student:teacher ratio: 31:1
- Minority enrollment: 58%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Moorpark College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Moorpark College is located in the foothills between the cities of Simi Valley and Moorpark. It is nestled on 134 acres. The college has been serving the citizens of the Ventura County since it opened in 1967 with a current enrollment of approximately 14,500 students. Moorpark College was established in 1963 by the Governing Board of the Ventura County Community College District. Soon after, a 134-acre site on Moorpark's eastern city boundary was secured in a combination donation/purchase from the Strathearns, a local ranching family. Moorpark College offers an average of 1,500 sections a semester, with courses in 70 disciplines, lower division preparation in a wide variety of transfer majors for the Baccalaureate degree and additional programs which lead to designated Associate degrees and Certificates of Achievement. Moorpark College also offers numerous Occupational Majors in areas geared to local and national employment needs and trends. Moorpark College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 3402 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, (707) 569-9177, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Moorpark College cost?
Moorpark College's tuition is approximately $1,388 for In-State students and $7,050 for Out-State students.
What is Moorpark College's ranking?
Moorpark College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).