Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah
- College of Eastern Utah is committed to the highest standards of instruction and learning in its academic and applied technology programs. The College prepares students for certification, degree or transfer programs and recognizes that education continues beyond graduation. We strive to help instill the curiosity and skills necessary for a student to continue learning throughout life.
Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah serves 2,323 students (55% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority American), which is more than the state average of 23%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,323 students
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 39%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Utah for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 154 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah
(UT) Community College Avg.
Associate of Arts Colleges
Less than 2 yrs
Four or more years
The student population of Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah has grown by 41% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah diversity score of 0.59 is more than the state average of 0.39. The school's diversity has grown by 20% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- College of Eastern Utah is a two year, state supported community college operated under the Utah State Board of Regents. It is accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, by the Utah State Board of Education and is a member of the National Commission on Accrediting. Credits earned at the College of Eastern Utah are transferable to other institutions of higher learning in the United States. At Utah's youngest community college, numerous changes have occurred over the last 67 years. Since 1937 we have grown from Carbon College, with an enrollment of 146, to College of Eastern Utah, with an enrollment of over 3200 students. In the early years by an act of the Utah State legislature we were under the Utah State Board of Education. In 1959, the college became a branch of the University of Utah. In 1965 we became College of Eastern Utah, and four years later our relationship with the University of Utah was terminated. As a result of the 1969 Higher Education Act, we became a full-fledged member of the Utah State System of Higher Education. Our primary campuses are located in Price and Blanding, with a college center in Castle Dale. The Price campus has over 16 buildings. The campus settings are extraordinary. The opportunities for biking, hiking, fishing, and other outdoor activities is unparalleled. Because of our setting, our faculty and students have a chance to participate in world-class archeological and paleontological excavations. The college offer academic programs that facilitate seamless transitions to four-year institutions as well as applied technology programs that provide certificates and degrees that lead to jobs. The college Offers more than 400 courses in 60 areas of study, Associate of Arts & Associate of Science Degrees, Associate of Applied Science Degrees, Certificates of Completion and Great transfer programs to four year colleges & universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah's ranking?
Utah State University-College Of Eastern Utah ranks among the top 20% of community college in Utah for: Least debt for graduating students.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.