Utah Valley University
- Utah Valley University (UVU) is a teaching institution which provides opportunity, promotes student success, and meets regional educational needs. UVU builds on a foundation of substantive scholarly and creative work to foster engaged learning. The university prepares professionally competent people of integrity who, as lifelong learners and leaders, serve as stewards of a globally interdependent community. UVU is a teaching institution where students learn, do and become. At UVU, the fusion of academic and hands-on learning is referred to as "engaged learning." Along with the institution's long-rooted commitment to serving the needs of the community, UVU's emphasis on engaged learning led to its classification as "community engaged" by the Carnegie Foundation. UVU's Grants for Engaged Learning Office oversees a $400,000 grant program in support of engaged learning projects.
Utah Valley University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Utah for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 928 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Utah Valley University||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||928 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||31,332 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||16,296 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15,036 students||644 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||16,259 students||270 students|
|# Graduate Students||37 students||44 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$49,800||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Utah Valley University is Stevens-Henager College (Orem) (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 270 students | 0.60 Mi1476 Sandhill Road
Orem,  UT  84058
- 1,670 students | 0.90 Mi2301 West Ashton Blvd.
Lehi,  UT  84043
- 105 students | 2.60 Mi898 N 1200 W
Orem,  UT  84057
- 372 students | 2.70 Mi1450 W 820 N
Provo,  UT  84601
- 1,006 students | 18.80 Mi12257 South Business Park Drive-Ste 101
Draper,  UT  84020
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.