Utah Valley University
- Utah Valley University (UVU) is a teaching institution which provides opportunity, promotes student success, and meets regional educational needs. UVU builds on a foundation of substantive scholarly and creative work to foster engaged learning. The university prepares professionally competent people of integrity who, as lifelong learners and leaders, serve as stewards of a globally interdependent community. UVU is a teaching institution where students learn, do and become. At UVU, the fusion of academic and hands-on learning is referred to as "engaged learning." Along with the institution's long-rooted commitment to serving the needs of the community, UVU's emphasis on engaged learning led to its classification as "community engaged" by the Carnegie Foundation. UVU's Grants for Engaged Learning Office oversees a $400,000 grant program in support of engaged learning projects.
- The teacher population of 928 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Utah Valley University||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||928 staff||24 staff|
|Total Enrollment||31,332 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||16,296 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15,036 students||644 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||16,259 students||270 students|
|# Graduate Students||37 students||44 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$49,800||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 270 students | 0.60 Mi1476 Sandhill Road
Orem,  UT  84058
- 1,670 students | 0.90 Mi2301 West Ashton Blvd.
Lehi,  UT  84043
- 105 students | 2.60 Mi898 N 1200 W
Orem,  UT  84057
- 372 students | 2.70 Mi1450 W 820 N
Provo,  UT  84601
- 1,006 students | 18.80 Mi12257 South Business Park Drive-Ste 101
Draper,  UT  84020
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!