University of South Carolina-Lancaster
University of South Carolina-Lancaster places among the top 20% of community colleges in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of South Carolina-Lancaster||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,738 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||700 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,038 students||534 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$50,100||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1959, USC Lancaster admits all students who show promise of academic success. Most of USCL's students are first generation college students from rural areas, small towns, and cities across the central Piedmont area of the Carolinas. Through a broad commitment to equity, an extensive scholarship and financial aid program, and a variety of weekday and evening course offerings, USC Lancaster seeks to make education accessible, affordable, and convenient to the residents of this area.We are more than proud of our history, we are also excited about the future. In 2000, USC Lancaster opened a $10.7 million building, the James A. Bradley Arts and Sciences Building. In 2003, the campus completed another major building project with the expansion and renovation of Medford Library. In 2005, the campus opened the Carole Ray Dowling Health Services Center on newly acquired property adjacent to the campus. In 2013, the campus broke ground on a new classroom building, Founders Hall, to be opened in 2014.
- The nearest community college to University of South Carolina-Lancaster is York Technical College (18.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,061 students | 18.10 Mi452 S Anderson Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
- 194 students | 19.00 Mi1029 Crawford Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
- 1,129 students | 31.80 MiThree Lakepointe Plaze, 2110 Water Ridge Parkway
Charlotte,  NC  28217
- 486 students | 32.20 Mi1200 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte,  NC  28203
- 395 students | 33.00 Mi322 Lamar Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.