University of South Carolina-Lancaster
University of South Carolina-Lancaster places among the top 20% of community colleges in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of South Carolina-Lancaster||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,738 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||700 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,038 students||534 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$50,100||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1959, USC Lancaster admits all students who show promise of academic success. Most of USCL's students are first generation college students from rural areas, small towns, and cities across the central Piedmont area of the Carolinas. Through a broad commitment to equity, an extensive scholarship and financial aid program, and a variety of weekday and evening course offerings, USC Lancaster seeks to make education accessible, affordable, and convenient to the residents of this area.We are more than proud of our history, we are also excited about the future. In 2000, USC Lancaster opened a $10.7 million building, the James A. Bradley Arts and Sciences Building. In 2003, the campus completed another major building project with the expansion and renovation of Medford Library. In 2005, the campus opened the Carole Ray Dowling Health Services Center on newly acquired property adjacent to the campus. In 2013, the campus broke ground on a new classroom building, Founders Hall, to be opened in 2014.
- The nearest community college to University of South Carolina-Lancaster is York Technical College (18.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,061 students | 18.10 Mi452 S Anderson Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
- 194 students | 19.00 Mi1029 Crawford Rd
Rock Hill,  SC  29730
- 1,129 students | 31.80 MiThree Lakepointe Plaze, 2110 Water Ridge Parkway
Charlotte,  NC  28217
- 486 students | 32.20 Mi1200 Blythe Blvd
Charlotte,  NC  28203
- 395 students | 33.00 Mi322 Lamar Avenue
Charlotte,  NC  28204
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.