University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus
- The mission of the University of New Mexico Valencia Campus is to provide community residents with lifelong educational opportunities in order to better prepare them to actively participate in the world as productive, responsible and creative individuals. The Valencia Campus, a branch college of UNM, is an open-access, student-centered institution which offers a variety of associate degrees, certificate and credential programs. Our courses provide basic skills, transfer credits, technical career training and non-credit community education.
University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 82 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,321 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||876 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,445 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,000||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Beginning with a student population of about 300 students in 1981, UNM-Valencia Campus now serves thousands of students a year in college transfer and career programs, adult basic education classes, job training courses, and a wide range of community and cultural activities for kids, seniors, and everyone in between. Since the UNM-Valencia campus was opened in 1986, more than 1550 students have graduated from the college in certificate and degree programs. Our students have gone on to successful careers in teaching, public service, business, electronics, computer-aided drafting, and medical-related fields. The University of New Mexico Valencia Campus is located in Tome, New Mexico, halfway between Belen and Los Lunas, the two main population centers of Valencia County. The campus occupies 150 acres of rural land overlooking the Rio Grande Valley to the west, the Manzano Mountains to the east, and historic Tome Hill to the north. The campus includes seven buildings designed in a modern, Southwestern style. UNM Valencia Campus received a prestigious award from the New Mexico Society of Architecture for its outstanding landscaping. As a branch college of the University of New Mexico, UNM Valencia Campus is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus is Central New Mexico Community College (24.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 26,771 students | 24.40 Mi525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque,  NM  87106
- 357 students | 24.70 Mi4201 Central Ave NW-Ste J
Albuquerque,  NM  87105
- 202 students | 25.70 Mi5000 Marble NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
- 892 students | 26.80 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
- 942 students | 71.00 Mi1500 N. Third Street
Grants,  NM  87020
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.