University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus
- The mission of the University of New Mexico Valencia Campus is to provide community residents with lifelong educational opportunities in order to better prepare them to actively participate in the world as productive, responsible and creative individuals. The Valencia Campus, a branch college of UNM, is an open-access, student-centered institution which offers a variety of associate degrees, certificate and credential programs. Our courses provide basic skills, transfer credits, technical career training and non-credit community education.
- Enrollment: 1,435 students
- In-state tuition: $1,561
- Out-state tuition: $4,182
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 77%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Mexico for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Beginning with a student population of about 300 students in 1981, UNM-Valencia Campus now serves thousands of students a year in college transfer and career programs, adult basic education classes, job training courses, and a wide range of community and cultural activities for kids, seniors, and everyone in between. Since the UNM-Valencia campus was opened in 1986, more than 1550 students have graduated from the college in certificate and degree programs. Our students have gone on to successful careers in teaching, public service, business, electronics, computer-aided drafting, and medical-related fields. The University of New Mexico Valencia Campus is located in Tome, New Mexico, halfway between Belen and Los Lunas, the two main population centers of Valencia County. The campus occupies 150 acres of rural land overlooking the Rio Grande Valley to the west, the Manzano Mountains to the east, and historic Tome Hill to the north. The campus includes seven buildings designed in a modern, Southwestern style. UNM Valencia Campus received a prestigious award from the New Mexico Society of Architecture for its outstanding landscaping. As a branch college of the University of New Mexico, UNM Valencia Campus is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and secondary Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus cost?
University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus's tuition is approximately $1,561 for In-State students and $4,182 for Out-State students.
What is University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus's ranking?
University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus ranks among the top 20% of community college in New Mexico for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).