University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (505) 925-8500
- The mission of the University of New Mexico Valencia Campus is to provide community residents with lifelong educational opportunities in order to better prepare them to actively participate in the world as productive, responsible and creative individuals. The Valencia Campus, a branch college of UNM, is an open-access, student-centered institution which offers a variety of associate degrees, certificate and credential programs. Our courses provide basic skills, transfer credits, technical career training and non-credit community education.
University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 82 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||82 staff||72 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Beginning with a student population of about 300 students in 1981, UNM-Valencia Campus now serves thousands of students a year in college transfer and career programs, adult basic education classes, job training courses, and a wide range of community and cultural activities for kids, seniors, and everyone in between. Since the UNM-Valencia campus was opened in 1986, more than 1550 students have graduated from the college in certificate and degree programs. Our students have gone on to successful careers in teaching, public service, business, electronics, computer-aided drafting, and medical-related fields. The University of New Mexico Valencia Campus is located in Tome, New Mexico, halfway between Belen and Los Lunas, the two main population centers of Valencia County. The campus occupies 150 acres of rural land overlooking the Rio Grande Valley to the west, the Manzano Mountains to the east, and historic Tome Hill to the north. The campus includes seven buildings designed in a modern, Southwestern style. UNM Valencia Campus received a prestigious award from the New Mexico Society of Architecture for its outstanding landscaping. As a branch college of the University of New Mexico, UNM Valencia Campus is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and secondary Schools.
The nearest community college to University of New Mexico-Valencia County Campus is Central New Mexico Community College (24.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 23,553 students | 24.70 Mi525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque,  NM  87106
(505) 224-3000 24.7023,553
- 312 students | 24.90 Mi4201 Central Ave NW-Ste J
Albuquerque,  NM  87105
(505) 880-2877 24.90312
- 565 students | 26.90 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
(505) 881-1234 26.90565
- 996 students | 71.30 Mi1500 Third Street
Grants,  NM  87020
(505) 287-6678 71.30996
- 4,207 students | 72.70 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe,  NM  87508
(505) 428-1000 72.704,207
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.