University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus
- Founded in 1968, the University of New Mexico-Gallup is a branch campus of the University of New Mexico and operates as a community college. It serves the approximately 75,000 residents of the region, which includes Gallup and McKinley County, and is the largest of the four UNM branch campuses.
University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Mexico for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 83 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||83 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,384 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,062 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,322 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,000||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our campus is located on 64 acres in New Mexico's breathtaking High Desert Country. The college also includes the 25,000-square-foot Zuni South Campus, a 2500-square-foot facility on Gallup's North Side, as well as other learning sites at Ramah, Navajo and Smith Lake. Today, we are a comprehensive vocational and transfer institution that offers Certificates in 27 disciplines and Associate's Degrees in 36 programs. We also offer Bachelor's Degrees from UNM's Extended University in five programs, and Master's Degrees in three programs. We have an operating budget of $12 million, with $3 million coming from grants, for a total of $15 million. Our college offers a number of diverse programs to meet the needs of our population. Among them: New Mexico's first Middle College High School; a career vocational program, Center for Career and Technical Education, which draws students from local high schools; Adult Basic Education, which encompasses earning a GED, basic skills, English as a second language, life skills, workplace skills and citizenship; Workforce Development programs; Community Education; and a Transitional Studies Department, which will target the success of minority students and under-served students by emphasis on developmental Math and English skills. Our largest programs are in the Nursing and Health Careers Department. As a UNM branch, the college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus is New Mexico State University-Grants (55.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 942 students | 55.10 Mi1500 N. Third Street
Grants,  NM  87020
- 6,712 students | 89.10 MiPO Box 610
Holbrook,  AZ  86025
- 8,323 students | 93.00 Mi4601 College Blvd
Farmington,  NM  87402
- 357 students | 118.60 Mi4201 Central Ave NW-Ste J
Albuquerque,  NM  87105
- 26,771 students | 122.20 Mi525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque,  NM  87106
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.