University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus
- Founded in 1968, the University of New Mexico-Gallup is a branch campus of the University of New Mexico and operates as a community college. It serves the approximately 75,000 residents of the region, which includes Gallup and McKinley County, and is the largest of the four UNM branch campuses.
- Enrollment: 2,174 students
- In-state tuition: $1,704
- Out-state tuition: $4,104
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 94%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Mexico for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our campus is located on 64 acres in New Mexico's breathtaking High Desert Country. The college also includes the 25,000-square-foot Zuni South Campus, a 2500-square-foot facility on Gallup's North Side, as well as other learning sites at Ramah, Navajo and Smith Lake. Today, we are a comprehensive vocational and transfer institution that offers Certificates in 27 disciplines and Associate's Degrees in 36 programs. We also offer Bachelor's Degrees from UNM's Extended University in five programs, and Master's Degrees in three programs. We have an operating budget of $12 million, with $3 million coming from grants, for a total of $15 million. Our college offers a number of diverse programs to meet the needs of our population. Among them: New Mexico's first Middle College High School; a career vocational program, Center for Career and Technical Education, which draws students from local high schools; Adult Basic Education, which encompasses earning a GED, basic skills, English as a second language, life skills, workplace skills and citizenship; Workforce Development programs; Community Education; and a Transitional Studies Department, which will target the success of minority students and under-served students by emphasis on developmental Math and English skills. Our largest programs are in the Nursing and Health Careers Department. As a UNM branch, the college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus cost?
University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus's tuition is approximately $1,704 for In-State students and $4,104 for Out-State students.
What schools are University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus often compared to?
University of New Mexico-Gallup Campusis often viewed alongside schools like San Juan College by visitors of our site.
What is University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus's ranking?
University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus ranks among the top 20% of community college in New Mexico for: Average community college minority breakdown and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).