Northland Pioneer College
- Northland Pioneer College serves about 7,000 students annually in both Navajo and Apache counties, an area of 21,158 square miles, roughly the size of the state of West Virginia. The Navajo, Hopi and White Mountain Apache Indian Reservations occupy more than sixty percent of the total land in the district service area, and also account for sixty percent of the population. Handsome campuses are located in four of the largest Navajo County communities: Holbrook, Show Low, Snowflake/Taylor, and Winslow. Five convenient centers are located in Hopi, Kayenta, Springerville/Eagar, St. Johns, and Whiteriver. Additional educational sites are established as need and opportunities arise. Primary District Offices are located on the Holbrook Campus.
- NPC provides job training for the modern, robotic workforce - 07/22/2021 - Computers are everywhere and as more and more jobs become automated, the need for workers who are trained to understand, run, and repair modern computerized manufacturing equipment grows. Consider the ...morefast-food industry now working toward the use of robotics to prepare meals and quickly serve customers, or the medical industry that has already incorporated robotic equipment into their services. hide
- Northland Pioneer College and Arizona State University Partner to Offer College Students Transfer Pathways with MyPath2ASU™ Collaboration - 07/22/2021 - Northland Pioneer College (NPC) is pleased to announce a new alliance with Arizona State University to provide students a seamless transfer experience with the MyPath2ASU program. MyPath2ASU allows students to ...moretake the steps needed, at the start of their college experience, to successfully plan their transfer to ASU, ensuring a smooth transition process and student success. hide
- NPC selects Dr. Chato Hazelbaker as president - 07/22/2021 - A nationwide search to fill the position of president for Northland Pioneer College (NPC) has fruitfully ended. Dr. Hazelbaker, currently Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing at Carroll College ...morein Helena Montana, was named as NPC`s new president after receiving unanimous board approval during the Navajo County District Governing Board`s (DGB`s) April 20 meeting. hide
- NPC Friends and Family awards over $27,000 in scholarships for Fall '21 - 07/22/2021 - NPC Friends and Family, the non-profit foundation that supports Northland Pioneer College (NPC), has awarded an unprecedented amount of over $27,000 in scholarships for the Fall 2021 semester with more ...moreawards still to come! hide
- NPC’s Surgical Tech program launches students to the top of the job market - 07/22/2021 - Northland Pioneer College is only one of five community colleges in Arizona that offers a degree program in Surgical Technology, providing one of the more comprehensive degree programs in the ...morestate. The curriculum prepares individuals to assist in the care of surgical patients as a member of the surgical team in the operating room. hide
|Northland Pioneer College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||145 staff||140 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Eagle Club, Early Childhood Education Club, Outdoor Club, Phi Beta Kappa, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Plays and Musicals
- Northland Pioneer College offers associate degrees, university transfer, career training programs as well as special interest courses and GED completion. Our enhanced technology network allows students to take classes from a location convenient to them through our video and Internet classrooms. Of course, students can also take classes at any of our 9 campus/center locations in person too! NPC's 4 main campuses are located in Show Low, Snowflake, Holbrook and Winslow. NPC also has 5 centers in Polacca/Hopi, Kayenta, Springerville/Eagar, St. Johns and Whiteriver. Classes are offered Monday through Saturday from morning through evening.
- NPC currently offers five degrees, which are designed to transfer to any of Arizona's public universities. Students can save in their first two years of a bachelor's degree by attending NPC first! That savings is enough to cover more than 3/4 of ASU's tuition for the next two years! NPC's faculty and staff are dedicated to your success!
- We offer small class sizes and personal attention to ensure you gain the knowledge you'll need to achieve your educational and career goals. Our instructors are skilled professionals in their subjects and take a personal interest in ensuring that you thrive while enrolled at NPC.
- Northland Pioneer College has a comprehensive financial aid program. Our Financial Aid Office will work hard to ensure that you get all the available grants and scholarships funding that you qualify for. Our goal is to ensure that money does not stand in the way of your educational goals.
- NPC has one of the lowest tuition costs in the state of Arizona. We even offer student housing scholarships to help students who need to relocate to a community with an NPC campus or center so you can pursue your educational dreams. For more information about Northland Pioneer College, visit www.npc.edu or call us at (800) 266-7845.
Profile last updated:
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,719 students | 86.30 Mi2800 S. Lone Tree Rd.
Flagstaff, AZ 86005
(928) 527-1222 86.303,719
- 2,190 students | 90.90 Mi705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301
(505) 863-7500 90.902,190
- 996 students | 132.30 Mi1500 Third Street
Grants, NM 87020
(505) 287-6678 132.30996
- 7,314 students | 132.80 Mi1100 E Sheldon St
Prescott, AZ 86301
(928) 445-7300 132.807,314
- 8,115 students | 136.60 Mi18401 N 32nd St
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602) 787-6500 136.608,115