San Juan College
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (505) 326-3311
- San Juan College is a learning college, committed to student success. At San Juan College, students are engaged in the learning process as full partners. The strength of the College lies in a multi-faceted mission, emphasizing smooth transitions to four-year institutions, career development, partnership programs with business and industry, and strong community service offerings.
The teacher population of 683 teachers has grown by 124% over five years.
|San Juan College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||683 staff||137 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- San Juan College was founded in 1956 as the Farmington Branch of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanical Arts, in accordance with statutes of the State of New Mexico. All classes were initially taught by part-time instructors during evening hours in facilities at Farmington High School. In 1958, the name was changed from Farmington Branch to San Juan Branch, NMSU. This name better indicated the area served by the branch. San Juan College celebrates diversity through special academic and cultural activities which enhance the community college experience. A wide range of educational opportunities is provided including academic transfer degrees, technical-occupational programs, general education classes, and non-credit offerings. Fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, San Juan College is a participant in the Academic Quality Improvement Project which is focused on quality principles. As the recipient of the state of New Mexico's highest quality award, San Juan College continues to emphasize improvement in all aspects of the institution. San Juan College offers a world of educational opportunities for everyone. The college is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to San Juan College is University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus (93.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,487 students | 93.00 Mi705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup, NM 87301
(505) 863-7500 93.002,487
- 813 students | 112.40 Mi1500 Third Street
Grants, NM 87020
(505) 287-6678 112.40813
- 912 students | 119.80 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos, NM 87544
(505) 662-5919 119.80912
- 1,119 students | 127.50 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola, NM 87532
(505) 747-2100 127.501,119
- 174 students | 141.70 Mi3960 San Felipe Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507
(505) 467-6806 141.70174
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.