San Juan College
- San Juan College is a learning college, committed to student success. At San Juan College, students are engaged in the learning process as full partners. The strength of the College lies in a multi-faceted mission, emphasizing smooth transitions to four-year institutions, career development, partnership programs with business and industry, and strong community service offerings.
- The teacher population of 233 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Juan College||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||233 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,323 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,783 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,540 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,700||$34,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- San Juan College was founded in 1956 as the Farmington Branch of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanical Arts, in accordance with statutes of the State of New Mexico. All classes were initially taught by part-time instructors during evening hours in facilities at Farmington High School. In 1958, the name was changed from Farmington Branch to San Juan Branch, NMSU. This name better indicated the area served by the branch. San Juan College celebrates diversity through special academic and cultural activities which enhance the community college experience. A wide range of educational opportunities is provided including academic transfer degrees, technical-occupational programs, general education classes, and non-credit offerings. Fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, San Juan College is a participant in the Academic Quality Improvement Project which is focused on quality principles. As the recipient of the state of New Mexico's highest quality award, San Juan College continues to emphasize improvement in all aspects of the institution. San Juan College offers a world of educational opportunities for everyone. The college is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to San Juan College is University of New Mexico-Gallup Campus (93.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,384 students | 93.00 Mi705 Gurley Ave.
Gallup,  NM  87301
- 942 students | 112.30 Mi1500 N. Third Street
Grants,  NM  87020
- 848 students | 119.60 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
- 1,371 students | 127.30 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 1,793 students | 141.70 Mi1157 County Road 110
Ranchos De Taos,  NM  87557
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.