Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas
- Cossatot Community College-UA, an institution of higher education, is a public two-year college located in Southwest Arkansas and is dedicated to serving students who wish to achieve academic, personal, or career goals. The College seeks to encourage in each student the values essential for effective citizenship; the desire for lifelong learning; the techniques for applying knowledge and skills to personal, career, and community life challenges; and an understanding that all individuals have worth and potential.
- Enrollment: 1,386 students
- In-state tuition: $2,647
- Out-state tuition: $5,212
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 37%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas is a two-year college nestled in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains of southwest Arkansas. As one of the fastest-growing small colleges in the United States, CCCUA has expanded from the main campus in De Queen to add extension sites in Nashville and Ashdown. Since 1975, we have been serving southwest Arkansas providing quality academic, technical, and continuing education courses. We're also one of the newest members of the University of Arkansas System. Classes are also offered through a number of area high schools, and on-site in spaces provided by business and industry. You have choices in education, so class schedules at CCCUA are prepared with the specific goal of meeting your needs. On-campus classes are generally conducted Monday through Thursday between 8:00am and 9:00pm. Classes are also offered on weekends, via the Internet, and through satellite transmissions. The campus of Cossatot Community College - UA in De Queen is divided into eleven separate buildings and areas. The Pilgrim-Cossatot Learning Center in De Queen is sponsored jointly by the College and Pilgrim's Pride, and offers classes in English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education. An additional Adult Eduation Center is located at 104 South Fifth Street in De Queen. The Kimball Library on the De Queen campus is a pleasant place for studying, doing research, or reading for pleasure. The upper story of this building houses our new Donn Allison Technology Center, with five computer labs, an interactive video classroom, Bookstore, and other features.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas cost?
Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas's tuition is approximately $2,647 for In-State students and $5,212 for Out-State students.
What schools are Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas often compared to?
Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansasis often viewed alongside schools like Arkansas Northeastern College by visitors of our site.