Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas
Collision Repair Instructor Bruce Davis shows students the fine points of painting in the College's state-of-the-art paint booth on the De Queen campus.
The Nashville campus houses space for two nursing programs, a TV studio, and instructional space for Welding, Cosmetology and Residential Construction.
The Cosmetology program is offered at the College's Nashville campus. A Nail Tech certificate is also offered.
The Ashdown campus houses the College's culinary arts program and the Barbara Horn Civic Center. A pre-engineering program will be added in 2010.
- Cossatot Community College-UA, an institution of higher education, is a public two-year college located in Southwest Arkansas and is dedicated to serving students who wish to achieve academic, personal, or career goals. The College seeks to encourage in each student the values essential for effective citizenship; the desire for lifelong learning; the techniques for applying knowledge and skills to personal, career, and community life challenges; and an understanding that all individuals have worth and potential.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has declined by 16% over five years.
|Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,611 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||495 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,116 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,800||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas is a two-year college nestled in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains of southwest Arkansas. As one of the fastest-growing small colleges in the United States, CCCUA has expanded from the main campus in De Queen to add extension sites in Nashville and Ashdown. Since 1975, we have been serving southwest Arkansas providing quality academic, technical, and continuing education courses. We're also one of the newest members of the University of Arkansas System. Classes are also offered through a number of area high schools, and on-site in spaces provided by business and industry. You have choices in education, so class schedules at CCCUA are prepared with the specific goal of meeting your needs. On-campus classes are generally conducted Monday through Thursday between 8:00am and 9:00pm. Classes are also offered on weekends, via the Internet, and through satellite transmissions. The campus of Cossatot Community College - UA in De Queen is divided into eleven separate buildings and areas. The Pilgrim-Cossatot Learning Center in De Queen is sponsored jointly by the College and Pilgrim's Pride, and offers classes in English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education. An additional Adult Eduation Center is located at 104 South Fifth Street in De Queen. The Kimball Library on the De Queen campus is a pleasant place for studying, doing research, or reading for pleasure. The upper story of this building houses our new Donn Allison Technology Center, with five computer labs, an interactive video classroom, Bookstore, and other features.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 930 students | 29.50 Mi1100 College Dr
Mena,  AR  71953
- 4,061 students | 52.20 Mi2500 N Robison Rd
Texarkana,  TX  75599
- 1,360 students | 55.30 Mi2500 S Main
Hope,  AR  71801
- 2,241 students | 62.70 Mi1507 S McKenna
Poteau,  OK  74953
- 3,001 students | 72.30 Mi101 College Dr
Hot Springs National Park,  AR  71913
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.