Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (870) 584-4471
Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas Photo #2 - Collision Repair Instructor Bruce Davis shows students the fine points of painting in the College's state-of-the-art paint booth on the De Queen campus.
Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas Photo #3 - The Nashville campus houses space for two nursing programs, a TV studio, and instructional space for Welding, Cosmetology and Residential Construction.
Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas Photo #4 - The Cosmetology program is offered at the College's Nashville campus. A Nail Tech certificate is also offered.
Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas Photo #5 - The College's newest program is Culinary Arts, offered at the Ashdown campus. Larry Watson has a decade's experience training chefs at the Army's school in San Diego.
- Cossatot Community College-UA, an institution of higher education, is a public two-year college located in Southwest Arkansas and is dedicated to serving students who wish to achieve academic, personal, or career goals. The College seeks to encourage in each student the values essential for effective citizenship; the desire for lifelong learning; the techniques for applying knowledge and skills to personal, career, and community life challenges; and an understanding that all individuals have worth and potential.
The teacher population of 55 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||55 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas is a two-year college nestled in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains of southwest Arkansas. As one of the fastest-growing small colleges in the United States, CCCUA has expanded from the main campus in De Queen to add extension sites in Nashville and Ashdown. Since 1975, we have been serving southwest Arkansas providing quality academic, technical, and continuing education courses. We're also one of the newest members of the University of Arkansas System. Classes are also offered through a number of area high schools, and on-site in spaces provided by business and industry. You have choices in education, so class schedules at CCCUA are prepared with the specific goal of meeting your needs. On-campus classes are generally conducted Monday through Thursday between 8:00am and 9:00pm. Classes are also offered on weekends, via the Internet, and through satellite transmissions. The campus of Cossatot Community College - UA in De Queen is divided into eleven separate buildings and areas. The Pilgrim-Cossatot Learning Center in De Queen is sponsored jointly by the College and Pilgrim's Pride, and offers classes in English as a Second Language and Adult Basic Education. An additional Adult Eduation Center is located at 104 South Fifth Street in De Queen. The Kimball Library on the De Queen campus is a pleasant place for studying, doing research, or reading for pleasure. The upper story of this building houses our new Donn Allison Technology Center, with five computer labs, an interactive video classroom, Bookstore, and other features.
The nearest community college to Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas is University of Arkansas Community College Rich Mountain (38.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 814 students | 38.70 Mi1100 College Dr
Mena,  AR  71953
(479) 394-7622 38.70814
- 4,239 students | 44.60 Mi2500 N Robison Rd
Texarkana,  TX  75599
(903) 823-3456 44.604,239
- 1,559 students | 52.30 Mi2500 S Main
Hope,  AR  71801
(870) 777-5722 52.301,559
- 1,900 students | 70.60 Mi1507 S McKenna
Poteau,  OK  74953
(918) 647-1200 70.601,900
- 3,091 students | 71.30 Mi2886 FM 1735
Mount Pleasant,  TX  75455
(903) 434-8100 71.303,091
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.