University of Akron Wayne College
- The mission of Wayne College to provide high quality, accessible credit and noncredit educational opportunities to the citizens of Wayne, Medina, and Holmes counties and surrounding areas, and to be a partner with and resource for the communities and organizations it serves.
|University of Akron Wayne College||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||35 staff|
- Founded in 1972, Wayne College is the only regional branch of The University of Akron and is authorized by the State of Ohio through the Ohio State Board of Regents to offer general education, including associate degrees and baccalaureate-oriented preparation; technical education programs; and continuing education experiences for those who live in the College's service area of Wayne, Medina and Holmes counties. With one primary and several smaller buildings, Wayne College has approximately 200,000 square feet on a campus of 160 acres on the north edge of the city of Orrville. The College is currently working with Sasaki and Associates Architects to develop a twenty-year plan for campus/facilities development. The College has maintained a high degree of technical currency in its classrooms, labs, and other facilities. The College has a state-of-the-art distance learning classroom and over 200 computers on campus accessible to students. Students at Wayne College are prepared for a variety of paraprofessional and technical careers in business, industry, and public service within a range of two year occupational educational programs. Certificate programs are designed to provide students with specialized job training utilizing courses from the college's associate degree programs. These courses may subsequently be applied toward the Associate of Applied Business in Office Administration or Business Management Technology degrees, or the Associate of Applied Science in Health Care Office Management, Social Services Technology or Computer Service and Network Technology degrees. The University of Akron Wayne College is accredited at the associate degree level by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 702 students | 9.10 Mi1328 Dover Rd
Wooster,  OH  44691
(330) 287-1330 9.10702
- n/a students | 12.40 Mi9856 Hogback Rd
Fredericksburg,  OH  44627
(888) 888-7450 12.40n/a
- 43 students | 15.60 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
(330) 867-1996 15.6043
- 4,678 students | 18.20 Mi6000 Frank Ave NW
North Canton,  OH  44720
(330) 499-9600 18.204,678
- 14,097 students | 18.30 Mi6200 Frank Ave NW
North Canton,  OH  44720
(330) 494-6170 18.3014,097