University of Akron Wayne College
- The mission of Wayne College to provide high quality, accessible credit and noncredit educational opportunities to the citizens of Wayne, Medina, and Holmes counties and surrounding areas, and to be a partner with and resource for the communities and organizations it serves.
University of Akron Wayne College serves 1,658 students (37% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 19% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,658 students
- In-state tuition: $6,116
- Out-state tuition: $12,788
- Acceptance Rate: 89%
- Student:teacher ratio: 20:1
- Minority enrollment: 19%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 83 teachers has grown by 27% over five years.
University of Akron Wayne College
(OH) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Four or more years
The student population of University of Akron Wayne College has declined by 7% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 18:1 over five years.
The University of Akron Wayne College diversity score of 0.33 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $6,116 is more than the state average of $4,876. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $12,788 is more than the state average of $11,127. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Reading (Year 2021)
SAT Math (Year 2021)
ACT Composite (Year 2021)
ACT English (Year 2021)
ACT Math (Year 2021)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Founded in 1972, Wayne College is the only regional branch of The University of Akron and is authorized by the State of Ohio through the Ohio State Board of Regents to offer general education, including associate degrees and baccalaureate-oriented preparation; technical education programs; and continuing education experiences for those who live in the College's service area of Wayne, Medina and Holmes counties. With one primary and several smaller buildings, Wayne College has approximately 200,000 square feet on a campus of 160 acres on the north edge of the city of Orrville. The College is currently working with Sasaki and Associates Architects to develop a twenty-year plan for campus/facilities development. The College has maintained a high degree of technical currency in its classrooms, labs, and other facilities. The College has a state-of-the-art distance learning classroom and over 200 computers on campus accessible to students. Students at Wayne College are prepared for a variety of paraprofessional and technical careers in business, industry, and public service within a range of two year occupational educational programs. Certificate programs are designed to provide students with specialized job training utilizing courses from the college's associate degree programs. These courses may subsequently be applied toward the Associate of Applied Business in Office Administration or Business Management Technology degrees, or the Associate of Applied Science in Health Care Office Management, Social Services Technology or Computer Service and Network Technology degrees. The University of Akron Wayne College is accredited at the associate degree level by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of Akron Wayne College cost?
University of Akron Wayne College's tuition is approximately $6,116 for In-State students and $12,788 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of University of Akron Wayne College?
The acceptance rate of University of Akron Wayne College is 89%, which is higher than the state average of 73%.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.