Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute
- The Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute provides students with an outstanding education in horticulture, agriculture, environmental and laboratory sciences, business, and engineering technologies.
- Enrollment: 594 students
- In-state tuition: $7,223
- Out-state tuition: $23,703
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 8%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Nestled in the rolling hills just outside Wooster, Ohio, our campus draws students from far afield and from just around the corner. They come for our excellent facilities, a mix of high-tech and down-home, that range from tropical plant conservatory to construction lab, floral design studio to foaling barn. On the central campus, our Horticulture Complex includes five production greenhouses, classrooms and a lovely historic conservatory, blooming with exotic and tropical plants all year round. OARDC provides opportunities Adjacent to Ohio State ATI's Central Campus, the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center offers internship and employment opportunities for our agriculture and horticulture students. Also affiliated with The Ohio State University, OARDC is one of the country's largest research institutes of its kind, and maintains dozens of working laboratories and research plots as well as Secrest Arboretum and a renowned rose garden. Ohio State ATI students can earn an Associate degree in one or more of 28 majors or "technologies" or a certificate of competency in hydraulic service and repair and commercial turf equipment. Each program of study provides excellent career preparation, combining coursework with a variety of hands-on practical experiences and the opportunity to make professional contacts with industry insiders. Students who successfully complete prescribed courses earn an Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Science, or the Certificate of Competency.