Brown Mackie College-Akron
Tel: (330) 869-3600
- Brown Mackie College ? Akron provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate?s degree and diploma programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 70% over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Akron||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||39 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ? Akron is a branch of Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati, OH. Founded as AEC Southern Ohio College, the school has a long history offering career education and training, going back to its establishment as a traditional business college in 1927. In 2003, the parent corporation of AEC Southern Ohio College was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in 2004, AEC Southern Ohio College changed its name to Brown Mackie College ? Akron. EDMC, which has been in business for over 40 years, is one of the largest providers of private postsecondary education in North America, with an enrollment exceeding 58,000 students at 67 locations in the United States and Canada. Brown Mackie College ? Akron believes that it makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well being of the metropolitan area it serves. The College educates students to help meet the economic needs of the communities in entry-level positions in business, technical, and allied health careers. Brown Mackie College ? Akron serves approximately 500 students with an average class size of 25-30 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students' academic success. The Brown Mackie College ? Akron facility includes three networked computer labs, two medical labs, one electronics lab, one networked MCSE lab, and one networked comp/CADD lab. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Students are welcome to use the labs when they're not being used for scheduled classes. Brown Mackie College ? Akron is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACIS).
The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Akron is Ohio College of Massotherapy Inc (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 72 students | 4.30 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron, OH 44321
(330) 665-1084 4.3072
- 500 students | 6.90 Mi2545 Bailey Road
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
(330) 923-9959 6.90500
- 494 students | 6.90 Mi1600 South Arlington Street, Suite 100
Akron, OH 44306
(330) 724-1600 6.90494
- 43 students | 6.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron, OH 44319
(330) 867-1996 6.9043
- 324 students | 15.60 Mi8001 Katherine Boulevard
Brecksville, OH 44141
(440) 838-1999 15.60324
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.