Brown Mackie College-Akron
Tel: (330) 869-3600
- Brown Mackie College ? Akron provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate?s degree and diploma programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Akron||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||533 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||533 students||450 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ? Akron is a branch of Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati, OH. Founded as AEC Southern Ohio College, the school has a long history offering career education and training, going back to its establishment as a traditional business college in 1927. In 2003, the parent corporation of AEC Southern Ohio College was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in 2004, AEC Southern Ohio College changed its name to Brown Mackie College ? Akron. EDMC, which has been in business for over 40 years, is one of the largest providers of private postsecondary education in North America, with an enrollment exceeding 58,000 students at 67 locations in the United States and Canada. Brown Mackie College ? Akron believes that it makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well being of the metropolitan area it serves. The College educates students to help meet the economic needs of the communities in entry-level positions in business, technical, and allied health careers. Brown Mackie College ? Akron serves approximately 500 students with an average class size of 25-30 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students' academic success. The Brown Mackie College ? Akron facility includes three networked computer labs, two medical labs, one electronics lab, one networked MCSE lab, and one networked comp/CADD lab. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Students are welcome to use the labs when they're not being used for scheduled classes. Brown Mackie College ? Akron is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACIS).
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Akron is Ohio College of Massotherapy Inc (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 72 students | 4.30 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron,  OH  44321
(330) 665-1084 4.3072
- 526 students | 6.90 Mi2545 Bailey Road
Cuyahoga Falls,  OH  44221
(330) 923-9959 6.90526
- 494 students | 6.90 Mi1600 South Arlington Street, Suite 100
Akron,  OH  44306
(330) 724-1600 6.90494
- 43 students | 6.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
(330) 867-1996 6.9043
- 80 students | 10.70 Mi3855 Fishcreek Rd
Stow,  OH  44224
(330) 676-1351 10.7080
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.