Brown Mackie College-Akron
- Brown Mackie College ? Akron provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate?s degree and diploma programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
Brown Mackie College-Akron serves 533 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 28:1 is higher than the state community college average of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 32%.
- Enrollment: 533 students
- Private-state tuition: $12,123
- Student:teacher ratio: 28:1
- Minority enrollment: 42%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 40% over five years.
Brown Mackie College-Akron
(OH) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant
Less than 2 yrs
Four or more years
Private, for profit
The student population of Brown Mackie College-Akron has declined by 29% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 28:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Brown Mackie College-Akron diversity score of 0.55 is more than the state average of 0.51. The school's diversity has grown by 8% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $12,123 is less than the state average of $13,941. The private state tuition has grown by 9% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Brown Mackie College ? Akron is a branch of Brown Mackie College ? Cincinnati, OH. Founded as AEC Southern Ohio College, the school has a long history offering career education and training, going back to its establishment as a traditional business college in 1927. In 2003, the parent corporation of AEC Southern Ohio College was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in 2004, AEC Southern Ohio College changed its name to Brown Mackie College ? Akron. EDMC, which has been in business for over 40 years, is one of the largest providers of private postsecondary education in North America, with an enrollment exceeding 58,000 students at 67 locations in the United States and Canada. Brown Mackie College ? Akron believes that it makes an important contribution to the economic growth and social well being of the metropolitan area it serves. The College educates students to help meet the economic needs of the communities in entry-level positions in business, technical, and allied health careers. Brown Mackie College ? Akron serves approximately 500 students with an average class size of 25-30 students. We pride ourselves on the close attention that our faculty and staff offer our students. With a student/faculty ratio of approximately 17 to one, we offer lots of support and guidance to ensure our students' academic success. The Brown Mackie College ? Akron facility includes three networked computer labs, two medical labs, one electronics lab, one networked MCSE lab, and one networked comp/CADD lab. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Students are welcome to use the labs when they're not being used for scheduled classes. Brown Mackie College ? Akron is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACIS).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Brown Mackie College-Akron cost?
Brown Mackie College-Akron's private state tuition is approximately $12,123.
10 STEM Degrees You Can Earn at Your Local Community College
We highlight some of the best degrees offered by community colleges in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Community College Students Headed to NASA
Some community college scholars have been selected by NASA to design robotic rovers. Learn about the program and some of the students selected.
Get Your Feet Wet with a WaterBotics Camp at Your Local Community College
This summer, community colleges across the country have been participating in an innovative program known as “Waterbotics,” developed at the Stevens Institute of Technology by the Center for Innovation in Engineering and Science Education.