The Art Institutes of York-PA (Closed 2017)
- A Bradley Academy education is not a process where we hand you skills and knowledge. It is an interactive process where you take responsibility and apply your knowledge. Here, you learn from artists and professionals in a hands-on environment. You have the opportunity to make both professional contacts and lifelong friends. Our goal is to encourage your passion in the creative field you have chosen and to help you develop competencies that can be applied in a related industry.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|The Art Institutes of York-PA||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||32 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||369 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||271 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||98 students||246 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2008)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bradley Academy traces its roots back to 1952, when the York Academy of Arts was established. For many years, the school was located on East Philadelphia Street in York. Now, Bradley Academy is housed in a contemporary 38,000 square foot building in York, PA. Opened in August of 1997, the facility contains 20 classrooms and studios, a student computer commons, a gallery, an art store, and library.The typical class size is less than 25. However, classes may vary in size from 6 to a maximum of 42 for certain lecture classes. Specialized resource areas such as a graphics lab, display windows and vignette space allow students to apply the skills learned in the classroom. There are 30 Art Institute locations in addition to Bradley Academy in major metropolitan areas throughout North America. The college offers programs in Animation, Digital Arts, Fashion Marketing, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Web Design. Bradley Academy is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The School is also licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools (Pennsylvania Department of Education).
- The nearest community college to The Art Institutes of York-PA is YTI Career Institute-York (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,677 students | 0.20 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 1,172 students | 3.40 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
- 224 students | 19.10 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
- 1,447 students | 19.40 Mi410 N Lime Street
Lancaster,  PA  17602
- 913 students | 20.10 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster,  PA  17602
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.