The Art Institutes of York-PA (Closed 2017)
- A Bradley Academy education is not a process where we hand you skills and knowledge. It is an interactive process where you take responsibility and apply your knowledge. Here, you learn from artists and professionals in a hands-on environment. You have the opportunity to make both professional contacts and lifelong friends. Our goal is to encourage your passion in the creative field you have chosen and to help you develop competencies that can be applied in a related industry.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|The Art Institutes of York-PA||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||32 staff||56 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bradley Academy traces its roots back to 1952, when the York Academy of Arts was established. For many years, the school was located on East Philadelphia Street in York. Now, Bradley Academy is housed in a contemporary 38,000 square foot building in York, PA. Opened in August of 1997, the facility contains 20 classrooms and studios, a student computer commons, a gallery, an art store, and library.The typical class size is less than 25. However, classes may vary in size from 6 to a maximum of 42 for certain lecture classes. Specialized resource areas such as a graphics lab, display windows and vignette space allow students to apply the skills learned in the classroom. There are 30 Art Institute locations in addition to Bradley Academy in major metropolitan areas throughout North America. The college offers programs in Animation, Digital Arts, Fashion Marketing, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Web Design. Bradley Academy is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). The School is also licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools (Pennsylvania Department of Education).
The nearest community college to The Art Institutes of York-PA is YTI Career Institute-York (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 873 students | 0.20 Mi1405 Williams Road
York, PA 17402
(717) 757-1100 0.20873
- 948 students | 3.40 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York, PA 17403
(717) 771-4000 3.40948
- 245 students | 19.10 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster, PA 17603
(800) 689-0379 19.10245
- 1,811 students | 19.40 Mi850 Greenfield Road
Lancaster, PA 17601
(800) 622-5443 19.401,811
- 1,347 students | 20.10 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717) 299-7731 20.101,347
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.