- The teacher population of 122 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Texarkana College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||122 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,061 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,506 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,555 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||9||252|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,500||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Texarkana College is University of Arkansas Community College-Hope (31.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,360 students | 31.10 Mi2500 S Main
Hope,  AR  71801
- 1,611 students | 44.60 Mi183 College Drive
De Queen,  AR  71832
- 3,229 students | 51.90 Mi2886 FM 1735
Mount Pleasant,  TX  75455
- 253 students | 58.80 Mi8731 Park Plaza Drive
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 2,952 students | 59.50 Mi3050 Martin Luther King Dr
Shreveport,  LA  71107
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.