Paris Junior College
- Paris Junior College is an innovative and comprehensive community college that advances the life-long educational development of students consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening the economic, social, and cultural life of its diverse community. The College provides high-quality, flexible academic transfer and career-focused educational programs and services through a commitment to teaching and learning excellence within an accessible and supportive environment.
The teacher population of 152 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Paris Junior College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||152 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Paris Junior College was established by the Paris Independent School District on June 16, 1924, in response to the community's need for an institution of higher learning. The campus was moved to its present site of fifty-four acres in 1940. The college began adding new facilities at its campus in 1963, and a building program continued until 1978 during which time the J.R. McLemore Student Center, dormitories, Natural Sciences and Mathematics Center, applied science annexes, Aikin Center for Applied Sciences, Center for Musical Arts, Lifelong Learning Center, married apartments, and the Mike Rheudasil Learning Center were built. Included in the Learning Center/Library is the Welma and A.M. Aikin Jr. Regional Archives. Paris Junior College's main campus is located in Paris, Texas. Paris Junior College operates technical centers in Sulphur Springs and Greenville, and conducts classes on the Texas A&M University-Commerce campus. Paris Junior College offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees, as well as Certificates of Proficiency in technical/vocational fields. The college has expanded its academic curriculum through the years to encourage associate degree and university transfer candidates. Since establishing its first vocational program, jewelry and watchmaking in 1942, the college has been aggressive in adding technical/vocational programs that will benefit students entering the workforce. PJC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate of arts degree, the associate of science degree, the associate of applied science degree, and certifi cates of proficiency.
The nearest community college to Paris Junior College is Northeast Texas Community College (53.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,091 students | 53.00 Mi2886 FM 1735
Mount Pleasant, TX 75455
(903) 434-8100 53.003,091
- 4,372 students | 61.60 Mi6101 Grayson Drive
Denison, TX 75020
(903) 415-2592 61.604,372
- 1,518 students | 72.00 Mi183 College Drive
De Queen, AR 71832
(870) 584-4471 72.001,518
- 33,668 students | 72.40 Mi3452 Spur 399
McKinney, TX 75069
(972) 881-5790 72.4033,668
- 87 students | 76.80 Mi200 Bowser Circle
Terrell, TX 75160
(972) 524-3341 76.8087
In spite of the recession, composite technicians are in high demand. Learn about this green career and how you can get the training for the available jobs in just weeks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.