Paris Junior College
- Paris Junior College is an innovative and comprehensive community college that advances the life-long educational development of students consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening the economic, social, and cultural life of its diverse community. The College provides high-quality, flexible academic transfer and career-focused educational programs and services through a commitment to teaching and learning excellence within an accessible and supportive environment.
- The teacher population of 152 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Paris Junior College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||152 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,086 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,229 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,857 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||252|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$33,800|
- Paris Junior College was established by the Paris Independent School District on June 16, 1924, in response to the community's need for an institution of higher learning. The campus was moved to its present site of fifty-four acres in 1940. The college began adding new facilities at its campus in 1963, and a building program continued until 1978 during which time the J.R. McLemore Student Center, dormitories, Natural Sciences and Mathematics Center, applied science annexes, Aikin Center for Applied Sciences, Center for Musical Arts, Lifelong Learning Center, married apartments, and the Mike Rheudasil Learning Center were built. Included in the Learning Center/Library is the Welma and A.M. Aikin Jr. Regional Archives. Paris Junior College's main campus is located in Paris, Texas. Paris Junior College operates technical centers in Sulphur Springs and Greenville, and conducts classes on the Texas A&M University-Commerce campus. Paris Junior College offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees, as well as Certificates of Proficiency in technical/vocational fields. The college has expanded its academic curriculum through the years to encourage associate degree and university transfer candidates. Since establishing its first vocational program, jewelry and watchmaking in 1942, the college has been aggressive in adding technical/vocational programs that will benefit students entering the workforce. PJC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate of arts degree, the associate of science degree, the associate of applied science degree, and certifi cates of proficiency.
- The nearest community college to Paris Junior College is Northeast Texas Community College (53.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,229 students | 53.30 Mi2886 FM 1735
Mount Pleasant,  TX  75455
- 4,636 students | 63.30 Mi6101 Grayson Drive
Denison,  TX  75020
- 27,991 students | 72.30 Mi3452 Spur 399
Mckinney,  TX  75069
- 2,473 students | 76.70 MiOne Murray Campus
Tishomingo,  OK  73460
- 164 students | 76.90 Mi200 Bowser Circle
Terrell,  TX  75160