Paris Junior College
Tel: (903) 785-7661
- Paris Junior College is an innovative and comprehensive community college that advances the life-long educational development of students consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening the economic, social, and cultural life of its diverse community. The College provides high-quality, flexible academic transfer and career-focused educational programs and services through a commitment to teaching and learning excellence within an accessible and supportive environment.
The teacher population of 152 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Paris Junior College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||152 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Paris Junior College was established by the Paris Independent School District on June 16, 1924, in response to the community's need for an institution of higher learning. The campus was moved to its present site of fifty-four acres in 1940. The college began adding new facilities at its campus in 1963, and a building program continued until 1978 during which time the J.R. McLemore Student Center, dormitories, Natural Sciences and Mathematics Center, applied science annexes, Aikin Center for Applied Sciences, Center for Musical Arts, Lifelong Learning Center, married apartments, and the Mike Rheudasil Learning Center were built. Included in the Learning Center/Library is the Welma and A.M. Aikin Jr. Regional Archives. Paris Junior College's main campus is located in Paris, Texas. Paris Junior College operates technical centers in Sulphur Springs and Greenville, and conducts classes on the Texas A&M University-Commerce campus. Paris Junior College offers Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees, as well as Certificates of Proficiency in technical/vocational fields. The college has expanded its academic curriculum through the years to encourage associate degree and university transfer candidates. Since establishing its first vocational program, jewelry and watchmaking in 1942, the college has been aggressive in adding technical/vocational programs that will benefit students entering the workforce. PJC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate of arts degree, the associate of science degree, the associate of applied science degree, and certifi cates of proficiency.
The nearest community college to Paris Junior College is Northeast Texas Community College (53.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,091 students | 53.00 Mi2886 FM 1735
Mount Pleasant,  TX  75455
(903) 434-8100 53.003,091
- 4,372 students | 61.60 Mi6101 Grayson Drive
Denison,  TX  75020
(903) 415-2592 61.604,372
- 1,518 students | 72.00 Mi183 College Drive
De Queen,  AR  71832
(870) 584-4471 72.001,518
- 33,668 students | 72.40 Mi3452 Spur 399
McKinney,  TX  75069
(972) 881-5790 72.4033,668
- 87 students | 76.80 Mi200 Bowser Circle
Terrell,  TX  75160
(972) 524-0000000 76.8087
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.