Wytheville Community College
- Enrollment: 2,244 students
- In-state tuition: $4,170
- Out-state tuition: $10,008
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 10%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- In 1962, a steering committee composed of area citizens was organized to obtain support for a college in Wytheville. After approval by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia and the General Assembly, the Wythe County-owned Simmerman Building was chosen as the first site of the college. Wytheville Community College welcomed its first students in September, 1963, as a two-year branch of Virginia Polytechnic Institute. During its first year of operation, the college enrolled 107 students and employed five full-time faculty members. Wytheville Community College commits to a student-centered environment by providing programs and courses in occupational-technical education, college transfer education, general education, developmental education, distance education, continuing education, and workforce development. Wytheville Community College is approved by the State Board for Community Colleges and by the Virginia Community College System. The associate degree curricula of the college have also been approved by the State Council of Higher Education. Wytheville Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wytheville Community College cost?
Wytheville Community College's tuition is approximately $4,170 for In-State students and $10,008 for Out-State students.
What is Wytheville Community College's ranking?
Wytheville Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Virginia for: Least debt for graduating students.