SUNY Broome Community College
Tel: (607) 778-5000
SUNY Broome Community College Photo #2 - The Natural Sceince Center opened in Fall 2013 and features state-of-the-art science classrooms.
- Broome Community College is a comprehensive community college supervised by SUNY (State University of New York) and sponsored by the County of Broome. The College is a member of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The teacher population of 437 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|SUNY Broome Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||437 staff||88 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||66 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alpha Beta Gamma, American Society for Engineering Education, ASQ Student Branch, Backpacking Club, Black Student Union, Bowling Club, Breaking Ground, Broome Educators of Children Association, Business Club, Campus Bible Fellowship, Chess Club, Civil Engineering Club, College Buzz, Communications Curriculum Club, Computer Club, Computer Forensics Club, Criminal Justice & Emergency Services Student Association, Differently Abled Student Association, Digital Yearbook, Ecology Club, Emergency Response Club, Endless Opportunities Club, Fine Art & Design Club, Garden Club, Health Information Technology Club, History Club, Hotel & Restaurant Management Club, I.E.E.E. (Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers), International Student Organization, Japanese Animation Club, LARP Club (Live Action Role Play), LingoNet Club, Medical Assistants Club, Music Association, Musician’s Network, Muslim Student Organization, Newman Association, Paintball Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Philosophy Club, Physical Therapy Assisting Club, Political Science Club, Radiologic Technology Club, Rotaract Club, Science Club, Service Learning, Ski Extreme, Social Wellness Advocacy Group, Student American Dental Hygienist Association, Student Assembly, Student Nurses Association, Students For Life, SUNY Broome Radio, SUNY Broome TV, the Literary Magazine, Tutor Club, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Unity in Pride, Veterans Club, Women’s Discussion Group
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Singers, Dance Team, Jazz Ensemble, String Ensemble, SUNY Broome College Choir, SUNY Broome Theater Program
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- SUNY Broome Community College is a part of the State University of New York, the largest public university system in the United States. Nearly 7,000 students are currently enrolled in the college, which first opened in 1946 as one of the first community colleges in the state. Today, students come from throughout New York State and around the world, drawn by the college's rigorous academic programd and reputation. Classes and degree programs are offered both on campus and online.
- The campus is located in a beautiful setting, surrounded by trees and rolling hills in New York's Southern Tier, and includes modern classrooms, high-tech laboratories and computer facilities, as well as a brand-new Student Village for residential students. Amentities also include a dining hall and other food options, the Digital Liunge & Commons, two gymnasiums, a fully updated fitness lab and weight room, a full-scale Ice Center, superior athletic fields, and a student theater.
- The college offers a wide variety mof programs and certificates in the Business and Public Services, Health Sciences, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), and Liberal Arts divisions. Our degrees can prepare you for immediate entry into the workforce, or for transfer to a four-year college or university. Thanks to a range of articulation agreements, we offer seamless transfers to many colleges and universities for those seeking a bachelor's degree.
- As we often say on campus: "You can go anywhere from here."
The nearest community college to SUNY Broome Community College is Tompkins Cortland Community College (31.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,373 students | 31.90 Mi170 North St
Dryden, NY 13053
(607) 844-8211 31.902,373
- 1,424 students | 41.10 MiOne College Green
La Plume, PA 18440
(570) 945-8000 41.101,424
- 146 students | 46.40 Mi303 North Main Street
Elmira, NY 14901
(607) 733-7177 46.40146
- 428 students | 49.40 Mi3427 N Main Ave
Scranton, PA 18508
(570) 342-6404 49.40428
- 3,232 students | 51.20 Mi454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753
(607) 746-4000 51.203,232
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.