Springfield College in Illinois
- The mission of Springfield College in Illinois is to provide students the best liberal arts education in the Ursuline tradition of a nurturing faith-based environment. We prepare students for a life of learning, leadership and service in a diverse world.
|Springfield College in Illinois||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||- staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||2,613 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,500||$31,900|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||84%||67%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,000||$6,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$9,250||$3,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Springfield College in Illinois has been offering a rigorous two-year college education in a community setting for nearly 75 years. Established in 1929 by the Ursuline Sisters, SCI was a pioneer in its mission of enhancing the ethical, intellectual and personal development of its students without reference to race, color, gender or creed. In January 2003, SCI entered into a partnership with Benedictine University to enlarge that mission. Building on the liberal arts heritage and traditions of both institutions, it will bring Benedictine programs and services and lead to a bachelor's degree offered on the SCI campus. Springfield College in Illinois, in permanent partnership with Benedictine University, is the first faith-based institution in the state's capital to offer associates in arts, baccalaureate and a master's degree. Founded in 1929 by Catholic Ursuline Sisters, Springfield College is the city's first institution of higher learning. The two institutions share a rich tradition of providing Catholic education (Ursuline and Benedictine) and a strong liberal arts core as the basis for all curriculum and areas of concentration. For more than 75 years men and women of all faith traditions have received a high-quality education in a highly personal and small-community environment. The general education curriculum is offered for the student who seeks a broad educational experience without specialization during the first two years of college and provides a solid intellectual foundation for more advanced or specialized study. The general education curriculum also satisfies graduation requirements for the student who finds it necessary to revise a previously planned program of specialization. The school is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Springfield College in Illinois is Lincoln Land Community College (6.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,600 students | 6.80 Mi5250 Shepherd Rd
Springfield,  IL  62794
- 1,264 students | 27.60 Mi300 Keokuk St
Lincoln,  IL  62656
- 3,369 students | 40.30 MiOne College Park
Decatur,  IL  62521
- 1,667 students | 54.10 Mi23235 North County 22
Canton,  IL  61520
- 5,286 students | 59.70 Mi1500 West Raab Road
Normal,  IL  61761
Learn about the free and reduced-fee tuition offered at many community colleges, who are hoping to help unemployed individuals advance their job skills to re-enter into the workforce.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.