Lincoln Land Community College
- Lincoln Land Community College serves residents of the largest community college district in the state of Illinois, with convenient campuses in Springfield (main campus); Capital City Training Center; Levi, Ray and Shoup, Inc. Aviation Center at LLCC, and Outreach Centers in Taylorville, Jacksonville, Beardstown and Litchfield. Excellence in teaching and student-centeredness are hallmarks of LLCC. Classes are offered days, nights and weekends as well as many online programs and courses. With an 18-to-1 student/faculty ratio, LLCC professors know their students and work hard to help them succeed.
- The teacher population of 276 teachers has grown by 31% over five years.
|Lincoln Land Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||276 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,600 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||53:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,840 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,760 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,700||$31,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||84%||80%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,255||$7,736|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,091||$4,000|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Make an educated decision to attend Lincoln Land Community College, the perfect place to begin your college education or obtain excellent career training. Students may choose from more than 45 associate (two-year) transfer degree programs, more than 30 occupational associate degrees, more than 15 certificates of achievement and more than 50 certificates of completion. A growing number of short-term workforce offerings can provide job skills quickly to students seeking employment. Many individuals also attend LLCC Community Education (non-credit) classes to learn new skills or pursue new interests. Students can save thousands of dollars by starting at LLCC as compared to public and private universities or technical institutes. With an 18 to 1 student/faculty ratio, LLCC professors know their students and care about their success. Student Success Coaches guide students in choosing classes, a major and career path.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Lincoln Land Community College is Springfield College in Illinois (6.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 6.80 Mi1500 North Fifth Street
Springfield,  IL  62702
- 1,264 students | 32.50 Mi300 Keokuk St
Lincoln,  IL  62656
- 3,369 students | 39.70 MiOne College Park
Decatur,  IL  62521
- 1,667 students | 60.80 Mi23235 North County 22
Canton,  IL  61520
- 15,000 students | 61.90 Mi5800 Godfrey Rd
Godfrey,  IL  62035
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.