Southwestern Christian College
- Southwestern Christian College, founded and sponsored by members of Churches of Christ, is accredited as a four-year (level II), educational college (limited to Bachelor's degree in Bible and Religious Education), with a two-year associate program in the liberal arts. Its purpose is to offer a holistic educational program that will motivate the student to value and achieve academic excellence within the context of commitment to moral and spiritual values; to assist students in making their transitions from high school to higher education on various levels; to assist students in preparation for varied vocations in life; to prepare future leaders for their distinct communities and the world at large. Southwestern Christian College is committed to excellence in education-Christian education. Its primary role in the field of higher education is to offer a quality academic program in the context of commitment to moral and spiritual values.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwestern Christian College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||19 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||164 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||153 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||252|
|% Non Resident races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,000||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Southwestern Christian College is Eastfield College (22.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,112 students | 22.30 Mi3737 Motley Dr
Mesquite,  TX  75150
- 822 students | 23.10 Mi1800 Eastgate Dr
Garland,  TX  75041
- 204 students | 23.40 Mi3909 S Buckner Blvd
Dallas,  TX  75227
- 6,759 students | 29.00 Mi3030 North Dallas Ave
Lancaster,  TX  75134
- 18,915 students | 29.10 Mi12800 Abrams Rd.
Dallas,  TX  75243
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.