Tel: (972) 860-7100
- The mission of Eastfield College is to provide educational opportunities through high-quality instruction, services and programs in an environment conducive to student success in academic, technical, occupational, and continuing education. Our purpose is to develop responsible citizenship, to value diversity and cultural enrichment, and to be accountable and adaptable.
The teacher population of 266 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastfield College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||266 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Eastfield College has been serving the Mesquite, Garland and East Dallas community since 1970. Eastfield College works to provide educational opportunities through high-quality instruction, services and programs in an environment conducive to student success in academic, technical, occupational, and continuing education. Eastfield is part of the Dallas County Community College District. Sometimes known as the 'Educational Village' because of its unique architecture, it is located on 244 acres at the intersection of Interstate 30 and Motley Drive in Mesquite. Eastfield began operation in 1970 and has continually strived to assess the educational and cultural needs of students and the community in order to provide the finest in educational services. The Eastfield campus rises impressively from the plains of eastern Dallas County. Functional building clusters give students easy access to classrooms and labs and the overall aesthetic effect has earned Eastfield several architectural awards of excellence. The careful landscape planning includes terraced areas throughout the campus, a heated outdoor exercise pool, gymnasium, baseball field, jogging trail and tennis courts. In addition, the campus boasts an outstanding Performance Hall which serves the college and community for a variety of fine arts events. Eastfield College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
The nearest community college to Eastfield College is Remington College-Dallas Campus (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 779 students | 3.20 Mi1800 Eastgate Dr
Garland, TX 75041
(972) 686-7878 3.20779
- 187 students | 3.30 Mi3909 S Buckner Blvd
Dallas, TX 75227
(214) 388-5466 3.30187
- 180 students | 4.00 Mi18600 LBJ Freeway
Mesquite, TX 75150
(972) 773-8800 4.00180
- 661 students | 7.50 Mi8080 Park Lane, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 692-8080 7.50661
- 20,032 students | 8.50 Mi12800 Abrams Rd.
Dallas, TX 75243
(972) 238-6100 8.5020,032
Today's high school dropout rates call for drastic measures, and community colleges are taking action to help keep students in high school. Learn about their innovative programs and how your local community college is keeping high school students on campus.
Learn about how small businesses can obtain helpful assistance, training, and mentoring through community colleges thanks to Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Business program.
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?