Tel: (972) 860-7100
- The mission of Eastfield College is to provide educational opportunities through high-quality instruction, services and programs in an environment conducive to student success in academic, technical, occupational, and continuing education. Our purpose is to develop responsible citizenship, to value diversity and cultural enrichment, and to be accountable and adaptable.
The teacher population of 266 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastfield College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||266 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Eastfield College has been serving the Mesquite, Garland and East Dallas community since 1970. Eastfield College works to provide educational opportunities through high-quality instruction, services and programs in an environment conducive to student success in academic, technical, occupational, and continuing education. Eastfield is part of the Dallas County Community College District. Sometimes known as the 'Educational Village' because of its unique architecture, it is located on 244 acres at the intersection of Interstate 30 and Motley Drive in Mesquite. Eastfield began operation in 1970 and has continually strived to assess the educational and cultural needs of students and the community in order to provide the finest in educational services. The Eastfield campus rises impressively from the plains of eastern Dallas County. Functional building clusters give students easy access to classrooms and labs and the overall aesthetic effect has earned Eastfield several architectural awards of excellence. The careful landscape planning includes terraced areas throughout the campus, a heated outdoor exercise pool, gymnasium, baseball field, jogging trail and tennis courts. In addition, the campus boasts an outstanding Performance Hall which serves the college and community for a variety of fine arts events. Eastfield College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
The nearest community college to Eastfield College is Remington College-Dallas Campus (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 779 students | 3.20 Mi1800 Eastgate Dr
Garland, TX 75041
(972) 686-7878 3.20779
- 187 students | 3.30 Mi3909 S Buckner Blvd
Dallas, TX 75227
(214) 388-5466 3.30187
- 180 students | 4.00 Mi18600 LBJ Freeway
Mesquite, TX 75150
(972) 773-8800 4.00180
- 661 students | 7.50 Mi8080 Park Lane, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 692-8080 7.50661
- 20,032 students | 8.50 Mi12800 Abrams Rd.
Dallas, TX 75243
(972) 238-6100 8.5020,032
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.