- The mission of Eastfield College is to provide educational opportunities through high-quality instruction, services and programs in an environment conducive to student success in academic, technical, occupational, and continuing education. Our purpose is to develop responsible citizenship, to value diversity and cultural enrichment, and to be accountable and adaptable.
- The teacher population of 266 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastfield College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||266 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,112 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||57:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,358 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,754 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Eastfield College has been serving the Mesquite, Garland and East Dallas community since 1970. Eastfield College works to provide educational opportunities through high-quality instruction, services and programs in an environment conducive to student success in academic, technical, occupational, and continuing education. Eastfield is part of the Dallas County Community College District. Sometimes known as the 'Educational Village' because of its unique architecture, it is located on 244 acres at the intersection of Interstate 30 and Motley Drive in Mesquite. Eastfield began operation in 1970 and has continually strived to assess the educational and cultural needs of students and the community in order to provide the finest in educational services. The Eastfield campus rises impressively from the plains of eastern Dallas County. Functional building clusters give students easy access to classrooms and labs and the overall aesthetic effect has earned Eastfield several architectural awards of excellence. The careful landscape planning includes terraced areas throughout the campus, a heated outdoor exercise pool, gymnasium, baseball field, jogging trail and tennis courts. In addition, the campus boasts an outstanding Performance Hall which serves the college and community for a variety of fine arts events. Eastfield College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to Eastfield College is Remington College-Dallas Campus (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 822 students | 3.20 Mi1800 Eastgate Dr
Garland,  TX  75041
- 204 students | 3.40 Mi3909 S Buckner Blvd
Dallas,  TX  75227
- 712 students | 7.00 Mi6080 North Central Expressway
Dallas,  TX  75206
- 18,915 students | 8.70 Mi12800 Abrams Rd.
Dallas,  TX  75243
- 10,549 students | 8.90 Mi801 Main Street
Dallas,  TX  75202
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.