Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Community College is a two-year institution of higher education established as a part of a state-wide system of community colleges serving primarily the residents of the counties of Buchanan, Dickenson (partial), Russell and Tazewell. The College operates under policies established by the State Board for Community Colleges and the Local College Board. The institution is financed primarily by State funds supplemented by contributions from the participating localities.
- Enrollment: 3,117 students
- In-state tuition: $3,312
- Out-state tuition: $7,982
- Student:teacher ratio: 46:1
- Minority enrollment: 2%
- Source: Verified school update
- Southwest Virginia underwater robotics team takes second in world competition - 07/11/2022The six-member Southwest Virginia Community College SeaEagles team took second overall in the Pioneer Class and won first place in project demonstration and first place in marketing display.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Campus Crusade for Christ, Epsilon Pi Tau, eSports, Helping Minds Club, Honors Club, Intervoice Club, Lambda Alpha Epsilon, Latent Image Club, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa, Practical Nursing Club, Project Achieve, Red Cross Club, Registered Nursing Club, Student Government Association (SGA), Student Occupational Therapy Assistant Club, Student Veterans' Assocation, Take Action for the Benefit of Animals, The Game Room Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Southwest Adventure Team (Outdoor Club)
- Southwest is a part of the Virginia Community College System and is located in the southwestern portion of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Nestled at the foot of the majestic Clinch Mountains, SWCC has a campus of 100 acres of hills and rolling valleys. Southwest opened in 1968 and serves the counties of Buchanan, Dickenson (partial), Russell and Tazewell. SWCC is truly a comprehensive institution of higher education and offers more than 60 programs of study leading to the associate degree, diploma, certificate or career studies certificate. The College delivers programming to a wide range of business and industry needs through its off-campus sites, the continuing education division and instructional divisions of business and engineering technologies. Southwest Virginia Community College offers programs of traditional classroom instruction and technologically enhanced courses generally extending not more than two years beyond high school. Educational opportunities for adults and college-age youth include instruction in associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs, as well as in continuing education. Counseling services and other student development programs assist students with decisions on occupational, educational, and personal goals. The College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Southwest Virginia Community College cost?
Southwest Virginia Community College's tuition is approximately $3,312 for In-State students and $7,982 for Out-State students.
What sports does Southwest Virginia Community College offer?
Southwest Virginia Community College offers 12 interscholastic sports: Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball and Wrestling.