Southwest Tennessee Community College
- Southwest has an outstanding and highly dedicated faculty and staff who are committed to your success. Our mission is to anticipate and respond to the educational needs of students, employers, and communities within our service area. We strive to provide an effective teaching and learning environment designed to raise educational levels, enhance economic development, and enrich personal lives. As a comprehensive, open-access, culturally diverse, public two-year college, Southwest is committed to meeting the educational needs of individual students, communities, and employers through credit and non-credit instruction using both distance learning technology and traditional campus-based classes. Southwest promotes student success in a supportive teaching and learning environment designed to raise educational levels, promote work readiness skills, enhance career advancement, prepare for university transfer, and enrich personal lives.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 7,371 students
- In-state tuition: $3,843
- Out-state tuition: $14,907
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 65%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Southwest Tennessee Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Southwest Tennessee Community College has a number of Campuses, Centers, and Sites to make getting your degree more convenient. The Macon Cove Campus at 5983 Macon Cove, Memphis, TN, 38134, is right off the I-40 and I-240 expressways in the eastern part of the city. Southwest's intensive technology programs are based at Macon Cove. Through multiple partnerships, alliances, licensing and certification programs, service grants, and extensive computer training facilities, Southwest has forged strong, mutually supportive ties to business and industry in the metropolitan area. Macon's 100-acre campus offers a suburban ambiance, enhanced by a quiet lake that provides year-round habitat to flocks of ducks and other waterfowl. The College Offers Associate of Applied Science, Associate of Arts, and Associate of Science degrees, academic and technical certificate programs, and courses that prepare students for transfer, employment, and career advancement in areas that include allied health sciences, nursing, business, computer technologies, criminal justice, education, and engineering and related technologies, while continually developing new programs in emerging fields. Southwest is accredited to award associate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Southwest Tennessee Community College cost?
Southwest Tennessee Community College's tuition is approximately $3,843 for In-State students and $14,907 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Southwest Tennessee Community College?
The acceptance rate of Southwest Tennessee Community College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 83%.
What is Southwest Tennessee Community College's ranking?
Southwest Tennessee Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Tennessee for: Average community college minority breakdown and Largest student body.