Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College
Tel: (304) 896-7098
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community college located in a rural environment. The College strives to fulfill current and future higher educational and vocational/technical needs of southern West Virginia, its service area and beyond. Our College emphasizes student-oriented, transferable learning, enabling students to achieve work, career and personal success.
The teacher population of 107 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||107 staff||49 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our College provides high-quality, affordable, student-friendly, and easily accessible educational services. We are highly effective and flexible in responding to state and community demands, and adapting to a global socio-economic system. Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College was established as an open-door, comprehensive community college on July 1, 1971 (named Southern West Virginia Community College) by combining two existing branches of Marshall University. Through legislation enacted in March 1995, the College's name was changed to Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College. Both the Williamson and Logan branches had been in operation since 1963 under the academic, fiscal, and administrative control of Marshall University, providing primarily the first two years of liberal arts, teacher education, and career programs in secretarial science, and radiologic technology. Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College gives residents of southern West Virginia and eastern Kentucky opportunities to secure their success, with two-year associate degrees, and certificates in more than twenty technical and occupational career fields. Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College is a member institution of the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Schools and Colleges.
The nearest community college to Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College is BridgeValley Community & Technical College (38.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,689 students | 38.50 Mi2001 Union Carbide Dr
South Charleston, WV 25136
(304) 734-6600 38.501,689
- 1,573 students | 38.50 Mi2001 Union Carbide Drive
South Charleston, WV 25303
(304) 205-6600 38.501,573
- 170 students | 39.00 Mi4799 Midland Dr
Charleston, WV 25306
(304) 348-1965 39.00170
- 126 students | 39.90 Mi1000 Virginia St E
Charleston, WV 25301
(304) 345-2820 39.90126
- 1,873 students | 40.90 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington, WV 25701
(866) 710-3140 40.901,873
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.