South Seattle College
- South Seattle Community College is a constantly evolving educational community dedicated to providing quality learning experiences which prepare students to meet their goals for life and work.
- The teacher population of 157 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|South Seattle College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||157 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,535 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,087 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,448 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,300||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located on an 87-acre hilltop overlooking Eliott Bay, South Seattle Community College offers a panoramic view of the city skyline and surrounding mountains. This unique setting serves as a portal of opportunity for students with diverse needs to prepare to meet their educational and career goals. SCC provides opportunities to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree program, to train for rewarding careers in an abundance of professional/technical programs, update job skills or change careers, complete high school and improve basic skills. South Seattle Community College, located in a residential West Seattle neighborhood, offers many unique college transfer and workforce programs and is distinguished by the breadth of partnerships that support programs such as aviation, culinary arts, health care, horticulture, the construction trades and winemaking. South also is known for its lively multicultural and multi-ethnic student body. The Seattle Community Colleges and the Seattle Vocational Institute are public, state-supported institutions accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to South Seattle College is The Art Institute of Seattle (4.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,378 students | 4.10 Mi2323 Elliott Ave
Seattle,  WA  98121
- 6,773 students | 4.60 Mi1701 Broadway Avenue
Seattle,  WA  98122
- 777 students | 8.70 Mi555 South Renton Village Pl-Ste 400
Renton,  WA  98057
- 3,359 students | 9.20 Mi3000 NE Fourth St
Renton,  WA  98056
- 13,469 students | 9.80 Mi3000 Landerholm Cir SE
Bellevue,  WA  98007
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.