- South Seattle Community College is a constantly evolving educational community dedicated to providing quality learning experiences which prepare students to meet their goals for life and work.
South Seattle College serves 5,324 students (30% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), which is more than the state average of 50%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,324 students
- In-state tuition: $3,824
- Out-state tuition: $9,014
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 74%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
South Seattle College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
The teacher population of 326 teachers has grown by 107% over five years.
South Seattle College
(WA) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
Four or more years
The student population of South Seattle College has declined by 20% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five years.
The South Seattle College diversity score of 0.88 is more than the state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has grown by 13% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2007)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,824 is less than the state average of $4,105. The in-state tuition has declined by 15% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,014 is more than the state average of $7,359. The out-state tuition has grown by 99% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Located on an 87-acre hilltop overlooking Eliott Bay, South Seattle Community College offers a panoramic view of the city skyline and surrounding mountains. This unique setting serves as a portal of opportunity for students with diverse needs to prepare to meet their educational and career goals. SCC provides opportunities to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree program, to train for rewarding careers in an abundance of professional/technical programs, update job skills or change careers, complete high school and improve basic skills. South Seattle Community College, located in a residential West Seattle neighborhood, offers many unique college transfer and workforce programs and is distinguished by the breadth of partnerships that support programs such as aviation, culinary arts, health care, horticulture, the construction trades and winemaking. South also is known for its lively multicultural and multi-ethnic student body. The Seattle Community Colleges and the Seattle Vocational Institute are public, state-supported institutions accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does South Seattle College cost?
South Seattle College's tuition is approximately $3,824 for In-State students and $9,014 for Out-State students.
What is South Seattle College's ranking?
South Seattle College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Washington for: Diversity in US community colleges and Average community college minority breakdown.
View the South Seattle College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
- Event Date
- Spring 2023-Last Day to Change Audit/Credit Status/(Instr Permission) Last Day to Withdraw (No Refund) May 26, 2023 (Friday)
- Summer 2023-Last Day to Withdraw With 100% Refund June 29, 2023 (Thursday)
- Summer 2023-Last Day to Withdraw With 50% Refund July 10, 2023 (Monday)
- Summer 2023-Last Day to Add/Register/Withdraw July 10, 2023 (Monday)
- Summer 2023-Last Day to Change Audit/Credit Status/(Instr Permission) Last Day to Withdraw (No Refund) August 03, 2023 (Thursday)
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.