Top Seattle Community Colleges
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 7 top community colleges in Seattle, Washington, serving 33,397 students.
- For Seattle community colleges, the average tuition is approximately $3,908 per year for in-state students and $7,632 for out-of-state students. (view national tuition costs).
- Seattle community colleges have a diversity score of 0.71, which is higher than the national average of 0.65 (view national diversity statistics).
- Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Asian and Black), and the student:teacher ratio is 30:1.
Top Seattle, WA Community Colleges (2018-19)
- College Location Students
- 2323 Elliott Ave
Seattle,  WA 98121
- 2400 S 240th St
Seattle,  WA 98198
- 9600 College Way North
Seattle,  WA 98103
- 9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA 98115
- 1701 Broadway Avenue
Seattle,  WA 98122
- 16101 Greenwood Ave N
Seattle,  WA 98133
- 6000 16th Ave SW
Seattle,  WA 98106
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.