Haywood Community College
- The mission of Haywood Community College is to offer accessible educational, social, and cultural opportunities to residents of Haywood County and the surrounding area. Through its open-door policy, the College strives to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, resources, interests, abilities, and career goals. In recognition of this diversity, the College provides a variety of quality programs and services that are responsive to the needs of all individuals.
- The teacher population of 196 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Haywood Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||196 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,069 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||571 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,498 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,500||$27,500|
- We are committed to providing comprehensive programs and services that are current, convenient, and affordable, and a supportive learning environment for you. In addition, Haywood Community College offers state-of-the-art instructional equipment, people who treat students as adults, and a campus acclaimed for its beauty. The design of associate degree programs, diploma programs and certificate programsprograms at Haywood Community College is to provide meaningful formal curricula meeting a wide variety of individual needs. To that end, the College offers the following degrees: Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Fine Arts (AFA), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in General Education (AGE). The college also offers many diploma programs as well as certificate programs. Moreover, Haywood Community College makes available a wide range of course offerings in day, extended-day (evening), and distance learning formats, as well as many diploma and certificate programs. The College has courses and curricula designed for workforce development, college and university transfer, and for personal development and enrichment. Terminal curricula are those for individuals who plan to enter or remain in the workforce immediately upon concluding their program of studies at the College. Transfer curricula are for those planning to further their formal education through completion of a baccalaureate degree at a senior college or university. Transfer curricula normally consist of the first two years of a typical four-year baccalaureate degree. Through the Alliance Program, students may complete three years of undergraduate study at the College in selected disciplines, and then complete their final year of academic work at a senior college or university. Students can also complete many courses on-line.
- The nearest community college to Haywood Community College is Southwestern Community College (Sylva) (19.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,318 students | 19.90 Mi447 College Dr
Sylva,  NC  28779
(828) 339-4000 19.903,318
- 7,507 students | 21.10 Mi340 Victoria Rd
Asheville,  NC  28801
(828) 254-1921 21.107,507
- 303 students | 23.10 Mi140 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville,  NC  28803
(828) 398-2500 23.10303
- 705 students | 26.20 MiOne Brevard College Drive
Brevard,  NC  28712
(828) 883-8292 26.20705
- 2,088 students | 32.10 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock,  NC  28731
(828) 694-1700 32.102,088