- Schoolcraft is a comprehensive, open door, community-based College. The mission of the College is to provide a transformational learning experience designed to increase the capacity of individuals and groups to achieve intellectual, social, and economic goals.
Schoolcraft College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 499 teachers has grown by 103% over five years.
|Schoolcraft College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||499 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,558 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,955 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,603 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$30,600|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Schoolcraft College provides a smart, affordable way to earn a bachelor's degree. Spend the first two years of your college education at Schoolcraft; then transfer to a four-year university or continue at Schoolcraft through our four-year partnership on campus with Wayne State University. Each year, more than 30,000 people enrich their personal and professional lives by taking part in a learning experience at Schoolcraft College. Thousands more experience Schoolcraft by attending a special event or by taking part in one of our many community outreach programs. You will find a learning community that is alive with high technology, educational innovation and personal enrichment. The campus extends onto the Internet where Schoolcraft is a leader in providing online education. Yet at the heart of it all are the one-to-one relationships that our caring staff and faculty build with their students. Above all else, we value excellent teaching and we take pride in our ability to accommodate different learning styles. Schoolcraft College believes out-of-classroom activities are essential to the total collegiate educational experience. Students are encouraged to participate in one or more College extracurricular activities for their intellectual, cultural, social, physical, organizational, spiritual, moral and emotional enrichment and growth. Schoolcraft College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Schoolcraft College is DeVry University-Michigan (10.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 10.50 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield,  MI  48076
- 13,790 students | 12.10 Mi5101 Evergreen Rd
Dearborn,  MI  48128
- 3,372 students | 15.40 Mi4500 Enterprise Dr
Allen Park,  MI  48101
- 24,031 students | 15.40 Mi2480 Opdyke Rd
Bloomfield Hills,  MI  48304
- 12,295 students | 15.80 Mi4800 E Huron River Dr
Ann Arbor,  MI  48105
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.