- WCCCD’s mission is to empower individuals, businesses and communities to achieve their goals through accessible services, culturally diverse experiences and globally competitive higher education and career advancement programs.
- Enrollment: 10,748 students
- In-state tuition: $3,052
- Out-state tuition: $3,772
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 79%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Wayne County Community College District has completed 35 years of uninterrupted operation and development of comprehensive educational services. Both directly and indirectly, our students and the 2.3 million people living within the College's service district have enjoyed the benefits of constantly improved instructional programs and community services. The Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD) is a multi-campus multi-cultural institution seeking to improve the quality of life in our communities. WCCCD provides affordable higher education and flexible training opportunities through a diverse catalog of courses, programs, and initiatives. The College's five campuses are located in industrial, rural and metropolitan areas where a major share of Michigan's technical and skilled occupations is located. Because of the diversity of its service areas, WCCCD places a strong emphasis on occupational and career programs, and traditional college and university transfer programs, including those within the liberal arts discipline. For many of our students the college offers an opportunity to transfer to four – year colleges or universities to obtain advanced degrees. Others pursue self-enrichment through a wide variety of non-credit workshops, from personal financial planning and property management to basic and intermediate computer skill training, through the college's Community Education Department. Wayne County Community College District has received a 10-year accreditation at the associate's degree levels by the Commission on Institutions Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.