Sanford-Brown College-Tysons Corner (Closed 2015)
- At Sanford-Brown College-Vienna, our mission is to offer career-focused programs that have been designed to prepare you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue a satisfying future in your area of interest. Our faculty and staff are devoted to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. SBC-Vienna's instructors are selected, not only for their academic credentials but also for their commitment to the educational success of each student who comes through our doors. Committed to diversity in our student body, faculty, and administrative staff, SBC-Vienna provides a rich environment for study that reflects the global reality in which we all live, work, and play. Day, evening and online schedules are available, as are opportunities to participate in Career Clubs, the Honor Society, internships in your professional field and community service.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 89% over five years.
|Sanford-Brown College-Tysons Corner||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||69 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||86%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$26,581||$10,502|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$21,193||$5,500|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Tysons Corner is Stratford University (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,096 students | 0.80 Mi3201 Jermantown Road, Suite 500
Fairfax,  VA  22030
(703) 539-6890 0.802,096
- 428 students | 1.90 Mi8620 Westwood Center Dr.
Vienna,  VA  22182
(703) 206-0508 1.90428
- 1,371 students | 4.10 Mi6565 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church,  VA  22042
(703) 237-6200 4.101,371
- 50,929 students | 5.90 Mi4001 Wakefield Chapel Rd
Annandale,  VA  22003
(703) 323-3000 5.9050,929
- 78 students | 11.60 Mi10500 georgia ave
Silver Spring,  MD  20902
(301) 649-4454 11.6078
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.