Sanford-Brown College-Tysons Corner (Closed 2015)
- At Sanford-Brown College-Vienna, our mission is to offer career-focused programs that have been designed to prepare you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue a satisfying future in your area of interest. Our faculty and staff are devoted to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. SBC-Vienna's instructors are selected, not only for their academic credentials but also for their commitment to the educational success of each student who comes through our doors. Committed to diversity in our student body, faculty, and administrative staff, SBC-Vienna provides a rich environment for study that reflects the global reality in which we all live, work, and play. Day, evening and online schedules are available, as are opportunities to participate in Career Clubs, the Honor Society, internships in your professional field and community service.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Sanford-Brown College-Tysons Corner||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||29 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||28 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,200||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2013)||98%||86%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$26,581||$10,502|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$21,193||$5,500|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Sanford-Brown College-Tysons Corner is Stratford University (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,849 students | 0.60 Mi7777 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church,  VA  22043
- 428 students | 2.30 Mi8300 Merrifield Ave 3F
Fairfax,  VA  22031
- 1,371 students | 5.00 Mi6565 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church,  VA  22042
- 51,487 students | 5.20 Mi4001 Wakefield Chapel Rd
Annandale,  VA  22003
- 78 students | 12.50 Mi10500 georgia ave
Silver Spring,  MD  20902
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.