San jacinto college-South Campus
- San Jacinto College is a comprehensive, public, two-year community college, accountable and responsive to the taxpaying citizens of The San Jacinto College District. Blending traditional methodologies and technology-based delivery systems, the college delivers accessible, affordable, high-quality basic skills, academic support and post-secondary education programs, which prepare students to enter the job market, to transfer to senior institutions of higher education, to achieve their personal and professional goals and to assume leadership roles in a culturally and ethnically diverse global community. Through our programs, services and partnerships with industry, the college supports the economic growth of the community and of the region.
|San jacinto college-South Campus||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
- In May 1960, voters in the Channelview, Deer Park, Galena Park, La Porte, and Pasadena school districts approved the creation of East Harris County Union Junior College, elected seven members to serve on the Board of Regents and authorized the Board of Regents to levy a tax for the College operations and maintenance. On February 16, 1961, the Board of Regents changed the name of the district to The San Jacinto Junior College District. Using renovated buildings in Pasadena, the college welcomed 876 students to its first classes in September 1961. The San Jacinto Junior College District was approved and accredited by the Texas Department of Education when the college opened. The college was granted full membership in the Association of Texas Colleges and Universities on April 6, 1963. On November 4, 1968, Sheldon Independent School District was voted part of the College district. San Jacinto College, a natonally recognized public community college in Harris County, Texas, has three campuses and seven extension centers serving a population of more than 588,000 residents in suburban Houston communities. SJC offers over 140 degrees and certificates to more than 24,000 credit and 25,000 non-credit students. Now in its 46th session, San Jacinto College, a public community college in Harris County, Texas, serves a district defined by the combined areas of these independent school districts: Channelview, Deer Park, Galena Park, La Porte, Pasadena, and Sheldon. San Jacinto College awards associate degrees, professional certificates and continuing education units under accreditation by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to San jacinto college-South Campus is Texas School of Business-Friendswood (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 236 students | 4.70 Mi3208 Fm 528
Friendswood,  TX  77546
- 27,911 students | 7.70 Mi8060 Spencer Hwy
Pasadena,  TX  77501
- 4,928 students | 12.50 Mi3110 Mustang Rd
Alvin,  TX  77511
- 58,276 students | 15.30 Mi3100 Main Street
Houston,  TX  77002
- n/a students | 16.00 Mi5800 uvalde
Houston,  TX  77049