San Diego Mesa College
- One of the largest and most successful of California's 109 community colleges, San Diego Mesa College takes pride in its high academic standards, its excellent programs and services, and its personal approach to helping each individual student succeed.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 20,693 students
- In-state tuition: $1,380
- Out-state tuition: $7,170
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 32:1
- Minority enrollment: 70%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
San Diego Mesa College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- At San Diego Mesa College, students will find a wide and diverse array of day, evening, weekend, and on-line courses leading to 176 Associate in Arts, Associate in Science degrees and certificate programs. Students may also pursue courses and programs of general interest. Because of the college's comprehensive offerings, excellent programs, uniquely talented faculty and support services, Mesa College enjoys one of the highest student transfer rates in California and the nation.Mesa students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges and universities enjoy a great advantage because of our carefully designed and articulated course of study culminating in a Liberal Arts and Sciences Degree with a designated area of emphasis that reflects the student's ultimate career focus. In addition, Mesa continually maintains and updates guaranteed transfer agreements with colleges and universities in California and throughout the nation. Students following the vocational track have similar success when they enter or advance through the job market. Unique partnerships with local industries have created pathways for upward mobility and success in high-demand occupations. Mesa College provides extensive collegiate and co-curricular experiences for students, including such opportunities as student government; 20 men's and women's intercollegiate athletic teams; clubs; performance groups; an Honors Program; Service Learning and a host of activities in which students learn leadership skills, expand their academic horizons and celebrate cultural diversity.
- Because of the college's comprehensive offerings, its excellent programs, its uniquely talented faculty, and its support services, San Diego Mesa College enjoys one of the highest student transfer rates in California. San Diego Mesa College offers a beautiful campus environment, including a state-of-the-art Learning Resource Center, which opened in April 1998. The new Center was constructed at a cost of twenty million dollars, and its four stories occupy 107,000 square feet in the middle of the campus. The facility offers expanded library holdings, an enormous computer lab for student use, and advanced media facilities. San Diego Mesa College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does San Diego Mesa College cost?
San Diego Mesa College's tuition is approximately $1,380 for In-State students and $7,170 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of San Diego Mesa College?
The acceptance rate of San Diego Mesa College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 89%.
What sports does San Diego Mesa College offer?
San Diego Mesa College offers 13 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Water Polo.
What is San Diego Mesa College's ranking?
San Diego Mesa College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Largest student body and Least debt for graduating students.