San Diego Mesa College
- One of the largest and most successful of California's 109 community colleges, San Diego Mesa College takes pride in its high academic standards, its excellent programs and services, and its personal approach to helping each individual student succeed.
San Diego Mesa College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 187 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Diego Mesa College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||187 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||23,191 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||124:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,280 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,100||$34,600|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBadminton, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At San Diego Mesa College, students will find a wide and diverse array of day, evening, weekend, and on-line courses leading to 176 Associate in Arts, Associate in Science degrees and certificate programs. Students may also pursue courses and programs of general interest. Because of the college's comprehensive offerings, excellent programs, uniquely talented faculty and support services, Mesa College enjoys one of the highest student transfer rates in California and the nation.Mesa students who plan to transfer to four-year colleges and universities enjoy a great advantage because of our carefully designed and articulated course of study culminating in a Liberal Arts and Sciences Degree with a designated area of emphasis that reflects the student's ultimate career focus. In addition, Mesa continually maintains and updates guaranteed transfer agreements with colleges and universities in California and throughout the nation. Students following the vocational track have similar success when they enter or advance through the job market. Unique partnerships with local industries have created pathways for upward mobility and success in high-demand occupations. Mesa College provides extensive collegiate and co-curricular experiences for students, including such opportunities as student government; 20 men's and women's intercollegiate athletic teams; clubs; performance groups; an Honors Program; Service Learning and a host of activities in which students learn leadership skills, expand their academic horizons and celebrate cultural diversity.
- Because of the college's comprehensive offerings, its excellent programs, its uniquely talented faculty, and its support services, San Diego Mesa College enjoys one of the highest student transfer rates in California. San Diego Mesa College offers a beautiful campus environment, including a state-of-the-art Learning Resource Center, which opened in April 1998. The new Center was constructed at a cost of twenty million dollars, and its four stories occupy 107,000 square feet in the middle of the campus. The facility offers expanded library holdings, an enormous computer lab for student use, and advanced media facilities. San Diego Mesa College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- The nearest community college to San Diego Mesa College is Argosy University-San Diego (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 438 students | 2.10 Mi1615 Murray Canyon Road, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
- 796 students | 2.30 Mi8888 Balboa Ave
San Diego,  CA  92123
- 1,297 students | 2.40 Mi9055 Balboa Avenue
San Diego,  CA  92123
- n/a students | 3.00 Mi404 Camino Del Rio South Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
- n/a students | 3.10 Mi6602 Convoy Court Ste 100
San Diego,  CA  92111
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.