Tel: (619) 644-7000
- Grossmont College will provide educational leadership through learning opportunities that anticipate, prepare for, and meet the future challenges of a complex democracy and a global society.
The teacher population of 396 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Grossmont College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||396 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Grossmont has been recognized as a Premier Community College and is one of the top 100 community colleges nationwide. The college conducts a comprehensive array of academic and career programs including health sciences, fine arts, humanities, science and math, as well as athletics and exercise science. Following several years of study involving both lay and educational groups, the voters of the area approved the formation of the Grossmont Junior College District in an election held November 8, 1960. The first official organizational meeting of the Grossmont Junior College Governing Board was held July 1, 1961. The first college classes convened September 11, 1961 on the Monte Vista High School campus in Spring Valley with an opening enrollment of 1,538. Grossmont maintains important links to our community through innovative programs and services, including Middle College High School, GEAR UP, and opportunities for middle and high school students to participate in academic events such as the Geography Olympiad. Our responsibility as an institution of higher learning is to prepare learners to become responsible and contributing members of society. At the same time, we must encourage free thought, the expression of ideas and a search for the truth. As such, we welcome and embrace learners of all ages and learners with different backgrounds and experiences. We believe in the richness offered through diversity and understand that our learning community is a global village from where the institution can draw strength.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 316 students | 4.90 Mi6250 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego,  CA  92115
(619) 265-0107 4.90316
- 8,644 students | 6.40 Mi900 Rancho San Diego Pky
El Cajon,  CA  92019
(619) 660-4000 6.408,644
- n/a students | 7.10 Mi3375 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego,  CA  92108
(619) 388-6500 7.10n/a
- 796 students | 7.50 Mi8888 Balboa Ave
San Diego,  CA  92123
(858) 499-0202 7.50796
- 438 students | 9.20 Mi1615 Murray Canyon Road, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
(619) 321-3000 9.20438
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!