Blue Cliff College-Lafayette
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Lafayette||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||5|
|Total Enrollment||307 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||193 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||114 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||82%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Lafayette is Remington College-Lafayette Campus (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 340 students | 1.60 Mi303 Rue Louis XIV
Lafayette,  LA  70508
- 6,332 students | 3.20 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette,  LA  70506
- 376 students | 11.50 Mi600 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Saint Martinville,  LA  70582
- n/a students | 13.60 Mi609 Ember Dr
New Iberia,  LA  70560
- n/a students | 16.00 Mi1115 Clover St
Abbeville,  LA  70510
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.