Blue Cliff College-Lafayette
Tel: (337) 269-0620
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Lafayette||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||5|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||82%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Lafayette is Remington College-Lafayette Campus (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 340 students | 1.50 Mi303 Rue Louis XIV
Lafayette,  LA  70508
(337) 981-4010 1.50340
- 6,332 students | 3.20 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette,  LA  70506
(337) 521-9000 3.206,332
- 376 students | 11.50 Mi600 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Saint Martinville,  LA  70582
(337) 394-6466 11.50376
- n/a students | 13.60 Mi609 Ember Dr
New Iberia,  LA  70560
(337) 373-0011 13.60n/a
- n/a students | 16.00 Mi1115 Clover St
Abbeville,  LA  70510
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!