Blue Cliff College-Lafayette
- Blue Cliff College is committed to using its human and physical resources to provide services facilitating personal growth, professional development and a sense of responsibility to our students. The primary purpose of Blue Cliff College is to help students develop a high level of competency, which is accomplished through the pursuit, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge in academic programs. The most compelling purpose of the college is to prepare the students to function proficiently in a competitive society in the career of their choice and to create within them an awareness of professional and social responsibilities, along with an appreciation of principles of ethical conduct.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Lafayette||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||26 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||5|
|Total Enrollment||307 students||1,493 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||193 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||114 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$28,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||82%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$5,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Lafayette is Remington College-Lafayette Campus (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 340 students | 1.60 Mi303 Rue Louis XIV
Lafayette,  LA  70508
- 6,332 students | 3.20 Mi1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette,  LA  70506
- 376 students | 11.50 Mi600 S Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Saint Martinville,  LA  70582
- n/a students | 13.60 Mi609 Ember Dr
New Iberia,  LA  70560
- n/a students | 16.00 Mi1115 Clover St
Abbeville,  LA  70510
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.