Rainy River Community College
- Rainy River Community College provides an accessible student centered learning environment, and promotes academic achievement, personal development, employment opportunities and community involvement.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rainy River Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||325 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||232 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||93 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||88||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,500||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RRCC was founded over thirty years ago when a group of International Falls citizens convinced the Minnesota legislature to establish a college in their community. This community continues a strong partnership with the college. RRCC is a small state funded two-year public college offering both associate degrees and technical program certification. Rainy River Community College is located in International Falls in the heart of Minnesota's northwoods. At Rainy River, we foster learning by surrounding you with an environment rich in experience and natural wonder. We offer course work in a wide variety of subjects including: accounting, American Indian studies, Anishinaabe, art, biology, business, chemistry, computer science, economics, English, engineering, geography, health, history, hospitality, humanities, management, marketing, math, music, natural science, nursing, philosophy, physical education, physics, political science, psychology, sociology, Spanish, speech, Swedish, and theater. All of our courses are taught by professional instructors in small class size settings. The comprehensive student life program, including athletics, compliments our academic program by providing an educational environment outside the classroom and opportunities for individuals to participate in activities geared toward their educational, social, vocational, cultural and recreational interests. Rainy River Community College is a part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System and is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to Rainy River Community College is Hibbing Community College (84.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,302 students | 84.20 Mi1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN  55746
- 1,373 students | 84.30 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 712 students | 87.40 Mi1900 East Camp Street
Ely,  MN  55731
- 1,373 students | 87.60 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,222 students | 93.10 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.