Rainy River Community College
Tel: (218) 285-7722
- Rainy River Community College provides an accessible student centered learning environment, and promotes academic achievement, personal development, employment opportunities and community involvement.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 31% over five years.
|Rainy River Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||153 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RRCC was founded over thirty years ago when a group of International Falls citizens convinced the Minnesota legislature to establish a college in their community. This community continues a strong partnership with the college. RRCC is a small state funded two-year public college offering both associate degrees and technical program certification. Rainy River Community College is located in International Falls in the heart of Minnesota's northwoods. At Rainy River, we foster learning by surrounding you with an environment rich in experience and natural wonder. We offer course work in a wide variety of subjects including: accounting, American Indian studies, Anishinaabe, art, biology, business, chemistry, computer science, economics, English, engineering, geography, health, history, hospitality, humanities, management, marketing, math, music, natural science, nursing, philosophy, physical education, physics, political science, psychology, sociology, Spanish, speech, Swedish, and theater. All of our courses are taught by professional instructors in small class size settings. The comprehensive student life program, including athletics, compliments our academic program by providing an educational environment outside the classroom and opportunities for individuals to participate in activities geared toward their educational, social, vocational, cultural and recreational interests. Rainy River Community College is a part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System and is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The nearest community college to Rainy River Community College is Hibbing Community College (84.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,034 students | 84.10 Mi1515 East 25th Street
Hibbing, MN 55746
(218) 262-7200 84.101,034
- 1,021 students | 84.20 Mi1001 Chestnut Street West
Virginia, MN 55792
(218) 741-3095 84.201,021
- 637 students | 87.40 Mi1900 East Camp Street
Ely, MN 55731
(218) 235-2100 87.40637
- 1,373 students | 88.00 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth, MN 55734
(218) 744-7506 88.001,373
- 1,062 students | 93.10 Mi1851 East Highway 169
Grand Rapids, MN 55744
(218) 322-2300 93.101,062
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.