Rainy River Community College
- Rainy River Community College provides an accessible student centered learning environment, and promotes academic achievement, personal development, employment opportunities and community involvement.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rainy River Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||325 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||232 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||93 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||88||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,500||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RRCC was founded over thirty years ago when a group of International Falls citizens convinced the Minnesota legislature to establish a college in their community. This community continues a strong partnership with the college. RRCC is a small state funded two-year public college offering both associate degrees and technical program certification. Rainy River Community College is located in International Falls in the heart of Minnesota's northwoods. At Rainy River, we foster learning by surrounding you with an environment rich in experience and natural wonder. We offer course work in a wide variety of subjects including: accounting, American Indian studies, Anishinaabe, art, biology, business, chemistry, computer science, economics, English, engineering, geography, health, history, hospitality, humanities, management, marketing, math, music, natural science, nursing, philosophy, physical education, physics, political science, psychology, sociology, Spanish, speech, Swedish, and theater. All of our courses are taught by professional instructors in small class size settings. The comprehensive student life program, including athletics, compliments our academic program by providing an educational environment outside the classroom and opportunities for individuals to participate in activities geared toward their educational, social, vocational, cultural and recreational interests. Rainy River Community College is a part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System and is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to Rainy River Community College is Hibbing Community College (84.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,302 students | 84.20 Mi1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN  55746
- 1,373 students | 84.30 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 712 students | 87.40 Mi1900 East Camp Street
Ely,  MN  55731
- 1,373 students | 87.60 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,222 students | 93.10 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.