Rainy River Community College
- Rainy River Community College provides an accessible student centered learning environment, and promotes academic achievement, personal development, employment opportunities and community involvement.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rainy River Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||325 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||232 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||93 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||88||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,500||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RRCC was founded over thirty years ago when a group of International Falls citizens convinced the Minnesota legislature to establish a college in their community. This community continues a strong partnership with the college. RRCC is a small state funded two-year public college offering both associate degrees and technical program certification. Rainy River Community College is located in International Falls in the heart of Minnesota's northwoods. At Rainy River, we foster learning by surrounding you with an environment rich in experience and natural wonder. We offer course work in a wide variety of subjects including: accounting, American Indian studies, Anishinaabe, art, biology, business, chemistry, computer science, economics, English, engineering, geography, health, history, hospitality, humanities, management, marketing, math, music, natural science, nursing, philosophy, physical education, physics, political science, psychology, sociology, Spanish, speech, Swedish, and theater. All of our courses are taught by professional instructors in small class size settings. The comprehensive student life program, including athletics, compliments our academic program by providing an educational environment outside the classroom and opportunities for individuals to participate in activities geared toward their educational, social, vocational, cultural and recreational interests. Rainy River Community College is a part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System and is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- The nearest community college to Rainy River Community College is Hibbing Community College (84.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,302 students | 84.20 Mi1515 E 25th St
Hibbing,  MN  55746
- 1,373 students | 84.30 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 712 students | 87.40 Mi1900 East Camp Street
Ely,  MN  55731
- 1,373 students | 87.60 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,222 students | 93.10 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.