- Hagerstown Business College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education, empowering students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
Purdue University Global-Hagerstown serves 494 students (27% of students are full-time).
Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 56%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 494 students
- In-state tuition: $14,011
- Out-state tuition: $14,011
- Minority enrollment: 40%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Purdue University Global-Hagerstown ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Purdue University Global-Hagerstown
(MD) Community College Avg.
Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Purdue University Global-Hagerstown has declined by 12% over five years.
The Purdue University Global-Hagerstown diversity score of 0.62 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2007)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $14,011 is more than the state average of $7,307. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $14,011 is more than the state average of $9,316. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- For over 65 years HBC has been providing quality career-oriented education to men and women in the areas of business, office technology, and medical and legal studies. We have one of the most medicated faculties, whose goal is to help you succeed. Our curriculum is practical, designed to give you what you need to get the job you want. Hagerstown Business College is dedicated to educational programs and services that promote occupational competency, professional awareness, and personal growth. Opportunities for development in these areas assist participants in their preparation for contributions to business and society as a whole. Hagerstown Business College (HBC), which included the Maryland Medical Secretarial School and the National Legal Secretarial School, was founded in July of 1938. The College was established as a proprietary institution devoted exclusively to teaching business subjects and preparing students to enter the business community with specific skills in specialized business professions. Since 1938, HBC has become an established leader in local training for area businesses. Our faculty possesses both the theory and practical experience to improve the efficiency of your operation in a timely and economical manner. Hagerstown Business College Offers up-to-date computers, qualified instructors, courses designed by specialists in curriculum development, custom-tailored courses and consulting services.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Purdue University Global-Hagerstown cost?
Purdue University Global-Hagerstown's tuition is approximately $14,011 for In-State students and $14,011 for Out-State students.
What is Purdue University Global-Hagerstown's ranking?
Purdue University Global-Hagerstown ranks among the top 20% of community college in Maryland for: Highest completion rates.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.