Palm Beach State College
Tel: (561) 967-7222
- The mission of Palm Beach Community College is to provide an accessible and affordable education through a dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff, a responsive curriculum and a strong community partnership, which together will enable students to think critically, demonstrate leadership, develop ethical standards and compete effectively in the global workplace.
The teacher population of 592 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Palm Beach State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||592 staff||55 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Palm Beach Community College, a richly diverse comprehensive two-year institution with a history of achievement since 1933, is dedicated to serving the educational needs of the residents of Palm Beach County by providing the associate in arts and associate in science degrees, professional certificates, workforce development and lifelong learning. Presently, PBCC has over 48,000 students enrolled in over 100 programs of study including associate in arts and associate in science degrees and short-term certificates. Among more recent innovations, PBCC created a Workforce Institute, designed to train students for the high-skill, high-wage jobs of today's marketplace. Whether you plan to continue your academic studies at a senior university or pursue course work that places you directly into the job market, PBCC is ready to meet your total needs. To effectively serve its diverse student population, PBCC has established campuses at four convenient locations in Palm Beach County -- Belle Glade, Boca Raton, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens. Moreover, in an era of burgeoning higher education costs, the College, as a state-supported institution, is able to provide affordable, quality postsecondary instruction. Palm Beach Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate in arts, associate in science and associate in applied science degrees.
The nearest community college to Palm Beach State College is Everglades University (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,104 students | 1.40 Mi5002 T-Rex Avenue, Suite 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431
(561) 912-1211 1.402,104
- 276 students | 1.60 Mi1630 South Congress Avenue, Suite 300
Lake Worth, FL 33461
(561) 304-3466 1.60276
- 720 students | 6.10 Mi1756 North Congress Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
(561) 433-2330 6.10720
- 692 students | 8.80 Mi9801 Belvedere Road
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561) 273-6500 8.80692
- 713 students | 9.90 Mi2410 Metrocentre Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
(561) 842-8324 9.90713
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.