Palm Beach State College
Tel: (561) 967-7222
- The mission of Palm Beach Community College is to provide an accessible and affordable education through a dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff, a responsive curriculum and a strong community partnership, which together will enable students to think critically, demonstrate leadership, develop ethical standards and compete effectively in the global workplace.
The teacher population of 592 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Palm Beach State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||592 staff||55 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Palm Beach Community College, a richly diverse comprehensive two-year institution with a history of achievement since 1933, is dedicated to serving the educational needs of the residents of Palm Beach County by providing the associate in arts and associate in science degrees, professional certificates, workforce development and lifelong learning. Presently, PBCC has over 48,000 students enrolled in over 100 programs of study including associate in arts and associate in science degrees and short-term certificates. Among more recent innovations, PBCC created a Workforce Institute, designed to train students for the high-skill, high-wage jobs of today's marketplace. Whether you plan to continue your academic studies at a senior university or pursue course work that places you directly into the job market, PBCC is ready to meet your total needs. To effectively serve its diverse student population, PBCC has established campuses at four convenient locations in Palm Beach County -- Belle Glade, Boca Raton, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens. Moreover, in an era of burgeoning higher education costs, the College, as a state-supported institution, is able to provide affordable, quality postsecondary instruction. Palm Beach Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate in arts, associate in science and associate in applied science degrees.
The nearest community college to Palm Beach State College is Everglades University (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,104 students | 1.40 Mi5002 T-Rex Avenue, Suite 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431
(561) 912-1211 1.402,104
- 276 students | 1.60 Mi1630 South Congress Avenue, Suite 300
Lake Worth, FL 33461
(561) 304-3466 1.60276
- 720 students | 6.10 Mi1756 North Congress Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
(561) 433-2330 6.10720
- 692 students | 8.80 Mi9801 Belvedere Road
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411
(561) 273-6500 8.80692
- 713 students | 9.90 Mi2410 Metrocentre Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
(561) 842-8324 9.90713
Today's high school dropout rates call for drastic measures, and community colleges are taking action to help keep students in high school. Learn about their innovative programs and how your local community college is keeping high school students on campus.
Learn about how small businesses can obtain helpful assistance, training, and mentoring through community colleges thanks to Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Business program.
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?