Palm Beach State College
- The mission of Palm Beach Community College is to provide an accessible and affordable education through a dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff, a responsive curriculum and a strong community partnership, which together will enable students to think critically, demonstrate leadership, develop ethical standards and compete effectively in the global workplace.
Palm Beach State College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 592 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Palm Beach State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||592 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||28,517 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||48:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||7,732 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||20,785 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Palm Beach Community College, a richly diverse comprehensive two-year institution with a history of achievement since 1933, is dedicated to serving the educational needs of the residents of Palm Beach County by providing the associate in arts and associate in science degrees, professional certificates, workforce development and lifelong learning. Presently, PBCC has over 48,000 students enrolled in over 100 programs of study including associate in arts and associate in science degrees and short-term certificates. Among more recent innovations, PBCC created a Workforce Institute, designed to train students for the high-skill, high-wage jobs of today's marketplace. Whether you plan to continue your academic studies at a senior university or pursue course work that places you directly into the job market, PBCC is ready to meet your total needs. To effectively serve its diverse student population, PBCC has established campuses at four convenient locations in Palm Beach County -- Belle Glade, Boca Raton, Lake Worth and Palm Beach Gardens. Moreover, in an era of burgeoning higher education costs, the College, as a state-supported institution, is able to provide affordable, quality postsecondary instruction. Palm Beach Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate in arts, associate in science and associate in applied science degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 276 students | 1.30 Mi1630 South Congress Avenue, Suite 300
Lake Worth,  FL  33461
- 540 students | 4.40 Mi1756 North Congress Ave.
West Palm Beach,  FL  33409
- 713 students | 9.80 Mi2410 Metrocentre Blvd
West Palm Beach,  FL  33407
- 210 students | 12.50 Mi5150 Linton Blvd
Delray Beach,  FL  33484
- 2,262 students | 15.60 Mi5002 T-Rex Avenue, Suite 100
Boca Raton,  FL  33431
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.