- The mission of Everglades University is to provide quality education to adult learners of diverse backgrounds in a collaborative environment where each individual has the opportunity to achieve personal growth. The University seeks to accomplish its mission by combining small class sizes and innovative programs with traditional academic values. The University supports the academic endeavor through research, scholarly contribution, and service, to deliver graduate and undergraduate programs both on campus and online. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Everglades University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 216 teachers has grown by 57% over five years.
|Everglades University||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,444 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,444 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||77 students||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||2,099 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||61 students||30 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$47,500||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Everglades University is Cambridge Institute of Health & Technology (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 210 students | 3.40 Mi5150 Linton Blvd
Delray Beach,  FL  33484
- 203 students | 8.50 Mi2001 W Sample Rd Ste 100
Pompano Beach,  FL  33064
- 1,548 students | 11.00 Mi225 N. Federal Hwy.
Pompano Beach,  FL  33062
- 575 students | 14.70 Mi2000 W. Commerical Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33309
- 28,517 students | 15.60 Mi4200 Congress Ave
Lake Worth,  FL  33461
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.