- The mission of Everglades University is to provide quality education to adult learners of diverse backgrounds in a collaborative environment where each individual has the opportunity to achieve personal growth. The University seeks to accomplish its mission by combining small class sizes and innovative programs with traditional academic values. The University supports the academic endeavor through research, scholarly contribution, and service, to deliver graduate and undergraduate programs both on campus and online. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Everglades University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 123 teachers has declined by 10% over five years.
|Everglades University||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||123 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,262 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,262 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||655 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,921 students||487 students|
|# Graduate Students||341 students||30 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$47,500||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Everglades University is Cambridge Institute of Health & Technology (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 210 students | 3.40 Mi5150 Linton Blvd
Delray Beach,  FL  33484
- 203 students | 8.50 Mi2001 W Sample Rd Ste 100
Pompano Beach,  FL  33064
- 1,548 students | 11.00 Mi225 N. Federal Hwy.
Pompano Beach,  FL  33062
- 575 students | 14.70 Mi2000 W. Commerical Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33309
- 19,510 students | 14.70 Mi1500 NW 49th St.
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33309
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.