- Denmark Technical College is a public, comprehensive, Historically Black, two-year technical college located in rural Bamberg County. The College annually serves approximately 2,000 credit and continuing education students, a mix of traditional, nontraditional, full-time and part-time. Denmark Technical College is the only technical college in the State of South Carolina with on-campus housing. As a member of the South Carolina Technical College System, Denmark Technical College's mission is related to the educational mission of the State of South Carolina and the Technical College System.
Denmark Technical College serves 491 students (42% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 491 students
- In-state tuition: $2,734
- Out-state tuition: $5,158
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 91%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 81 teachers has grown by 84% over five years.
Denmark Technical College
(SC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Denmark Technical College has declined by 6% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Denmark Technical College diversity score of 0.30 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has declined by 23% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $2,734 is less than the state average of $5,917. The in-state tuition has declined by 52% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,158 is less than the state average of $10,561. The out-state tuition has declined by 45% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Denmark Technical College was established in 1947. Since 1948, the College has experienced significant growth and now takes pride in the fact that it has become a comprehensive two-year college which offers a broad range of programs and services. The College is located in Denmark, South Carolina, a small city of approximately 5,000 citizens. The campus stands on 53 beautifully landscaped acres of land conveniently located about 50 miles south of Columbia, 85 miles northeast of Charleston, and 50 miles east of Augusta, Georgia. Degree Programs offered includes Computer Technology, Criminal Justice Technology, Electromechanical Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology, General Business, General Technology, Human Services and Office Systems Technology. Diploma Programs offered includes Automated Office, Barbering, Cosmetology and Pharmacy Technician. Certificate Programs are offered in Accounting, Basic Tailoring/Alterations, Building Construction Fundamentals, Computer Servicing and Repair, Criminal Justice, Customer Service, Early Childhood Development, Food Services, General Automotive Technology, Industrial Processing Technology, Laptop Computer Presentations, Legal Research Assistant, Machine Tool, Medical Record Coder, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technology, Nail Technology, Nurse Aide, Plumbing, Pre-Medical, Professional Secretary, Shorthand, Welding and Word Processing. Denmark Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Certificates, Diplomas,and Associate Degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Denmark Technical College cost?
Denmark Technical College's tuition is approximately $2,734 for In-State students and $5,158 for Out-State students.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.