Denmark Technical College
- Denmark Technical College is a public, comprehensive, Historically Black, two-year technical college located in rural Bamberg County. The College annually serves approximately 2,000 credit and continuing education students, a mix of traditional, nontraditional, full-time and part-time. Denmark Technical College is the only technical college in the State of South Carolina with on-campus housing. As a member of the South Carolina Technical College System, Denmark Technical College's mission is related to the educational mission of the State of South Carolina and the Technical College System.
Denmark Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in South Carolina for:
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Denmark Technical College||(SC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||44 staff||55 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,678 students||1,260 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,422 students||726 students|
|# Part-Time Students||256 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||260||260|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$19,700||$28,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Denmark Technical College was established in 1947. Since 1948, the College has experienced significant growth and now takes pride in the fact that it has become a comprehensive two-year college which offers a broad range of programs and services. The College is located in Denmark, South Carolina, a small city of approximately 5,000 citizens. The campus stands on 53 beautifully landscaped acres of land conveniently located about 50 miles south of Columbia, 85 miles northeast of Charleston, and 50 miles east of Augusta, Georgia. Degree Programs offered includes Computer Technology, Criminal Justice Technology, Electromechanical Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology, General Business, General Technology, Human Services and Office Systems Technology. Diploma Programs offered includes Automated Office, Barbering, Cosmetology and Pharmacy Technician. Certificate Programs are offered in Accounting, Basic Tailoring/Alterations, Building Construction Fundamentals, Computer Servicing and Repair, Criminal Justice, Customer Service, Early Childhood Development, Food Services, General Automotive Technology, Industrial Processing Technology, Laptop Computer Presentations, Legal Research Assistant, Machine Tool, Medical Record Coder, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technology, Nail Technology, Nurse Aide, Plumbing, Pre-Medical, Professional Secretary, Shorthand, Welding and Word Processing. Denmark Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Certificates, Diplomas,and Associate Degrees.
- The nearest community college to Denmark Technical College is University of South Carolina-Salkehatchie (22.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,076 students | 22.60 Mi465 James Brandt Blvd
Allendale,  SC  29810
- 3,060 students | 23.90 Mi3250 Saint Matthews Rd
Orangeburg,  SC  29118
- 2,351 students | 43.70 Mi2276 Jefferson Davis Highway
Graniteville,  SC  29829
- 11,424 students | 44.30 Mi1260 Lexington Drive
West Columbia,  SC  29170
- 4,269 students | 53.50 Mi3200 Augusta Tech Drive
Augusta,  GA  30906
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.