Midlands Technical College
- Midlands Technical College (MTC) is a comprehensive, multi-campus, two-year public college serving the primary region of Richland, Lexington and Fairfield counties of South Carolina.?College programs and services provide accessible, affordable, quality education that prepares a diverse student population to enter the job market, transfer to senior colleges and universities, and achieve their professional and personal goals.? Through its programs and services, the college equitably provides higher education opportunities and strengthens the economic and social vitality of the community. At MTC, we help our students attain the competitive edge needed to succeed. The reasons our students are so successful are as diverse as our student body.
- Enrollment: 8,794 students
- In-state tuition: $4,798
- Out-state tuition: $11,230
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 43%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The present-day Midlands Technical College is the product of a rich and unique history. In 1964, three separate career-oriented institutions merged to form Midlands Technical College (MTC), a comprehensive two-year college providing career and transfer education. MTC is now part of the South Carolina Technical College System. One of South Carolina's largest two-year colleges, Midlands Technical College enrolls approximately 11,000 students seeking to develop career-skills or transfer to a four-year institution. With the latest technology and a diverse learning environment, the college makes higher education affordable, convenient and readily accessible. Midlands Technical College offers approximately one hundred associate degree, diploma and certificate programs of study and an estimated 70 percent of the courses are in the career program area. A strong college transfer program has evolved to allow students the opportunity to take the first two years of a baccalaureate degree and transfer to one of the state's four-year institutions. Midlands Technical College is currently the largest source of transfer students to the University of South Carolina-Columbia. College campuses includes Airport Campus, Beltline Campus, Fort Jackson Campus, Harbison Campus, Northeast Campus and Columbia Area. The Airport Campus, located on 65 acres in West Columbia, includes 15 buildings with a total 258,357 square feet. Located on 31 acres in Columbia, the Beltline Campus consists of 12 buildings with a total 232,539 square feet. The 34,360-square-foot Harbison Campus, located on 19 acres in Irmo, has seven buildings. Midlands Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Midlands Technical College cost?
Midlands Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,798 for In-State students and $11,230 for Out-State students.
What is Midlands Technical College's ranking?
Midlands Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in South Carolina for: Largest student body.