- Oakton Community College, a two-year community college was established in 1969 and is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and the North Central Association. The College is recognized by the Illinois Community College Board and is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges, as well as numerous professional organizations.
- Enrollment: 6,278 students
- In-state tuition: $8,808
- Out-state tuition: $10,536
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 56%
- Source: Verified school update
Oakton Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Oakton Community College District 535 serves 450,000 residents in the communities of Des Plaines, Evanston, Glencoe, Glenview, Golf, Kenilworth, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Mount Prospect, Niles, Northbrook, Northfield, Park Ridge, Rosemont, Skokie, Wilmette, and Winnetka. Oakton's main campus in Des Plaines is located on 147 acres of woodlands and prairie, bordered on the west by the Des Plaines River. The College,a modern, red-brick building with 435,000 square feet, houses 65 classrooms and 46 educational laboratories, as well as student services, administrative and faculty offices. Special facilities include 19 computer classrooms; a Performing Arts Center; the Business Institute; the Koehnline Visual Arts Center; a Child Care Center; and a teleconferencing center, gym, fitness center, library and bookstore. Oakton's faculty and staff are committed to excellence; our students are achievers, enthusiastic about learning; and our facilities are state-of-the-art. College life at Oakton includes a wide variety of extracurricular activities and student services, designed to provide a well-rounded experience. The Business Institute at Oakton was established in 1982 to help companies improve their technical, operational and leadership skills. Through consulting services and customized training programs, companies have defined new goals, refined existing procedures and developed new strategies for success. Thousands of people have acquired new skills in order to meet higher standards of efficiency, productivity and quality.