Northcentral Technical College
- The teacher population of 137 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northcentral Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||137 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,377 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,641 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,736 students||2,229 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||60||100|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For more than 90 years, NTC has been a vital educational component for the citizens of North Central Wisconsin. Started in 1912 in a small, two-story building called the Wausau Industrial School, NTC effectively connects its learners with the business community by giving them the skills they need to achieve success on their lifelong learning journey. Students may choose from over 40 degrees offering training in some of the fastest growing careers. In addition, NTC offers customized training, technical assistance, testing and evaluation processes and consulting services to its business and industry partners. Northcentral's expansive 10-county district has campuses in Wausau, Antigo, Merrill (Health & Public Safety Training facility), Medford, Phillips, Spencer, and Wittenberg. NTC's campuses in Medford, Phillips, Spencer, and Wittenberg offer credit courses in several associate degree and diploma programs through self-paced "Flex Labs," interactive television, and conventional classroom settings. NTC's campuses in Wausau, Antigo, Medford, Phillips, Spencer, and Wittenberg offer counseling and career development services, as well as a wide variety of continuing education and vocational classes. NTC offers 26 Associate Degrees, 9 Technical Diplomas, 11 programs offering completion in less than one year, 14 Apprenticeship programs and 34 Certificate programs. Northcentral Technical College is accredited by the North Central Association – Higher Learning Commission, American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation, Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology Technology (JRCERT) and National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- The nearest community college to Northcentral Technical College is Mid-State Technical College (41.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,779 students | 41.60 Mi500 32nd St N
Wisconsin Rapids,  WI  54494
- 1,139 students | 43.40 MiHwy G South
Rhinelander,  WI  54501
- 10,361 students | 76.00 Mi1825 N Bluemound Dr
Appleton,  WI  54912
- 10,406 students | 82.00 Mi2740 W Mason St
Green Bay,  WI  54307
- 1,132 students | 83.10 Mi904 South Taylor Street, Suite 100
Green Bay,  WI  54303
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.