Northcentral Technical College
- The teacher population of 137 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northcentral Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||137 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,377 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,641 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,736 students||2,229 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||60||100|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For more than 90 years, NTC has been a vital educational component for the citizens of North Central Wisconsin. Started in 1912 in a small, two-story building called the Wausau Industrial School, NTC effectively connects its learners with the business community by giving them the skills they need to achieve success on their lifelong learning journey. Students may choose from over 40 degrees offering training in some of the fastest growing careers. In addition, NTC offers customized training, technical assistance, testing and evaluation processes and consulting services to its business and industry partners. Northcentral's expansive 10-county district has campuses in Wausau, Antigo, Merrill (Health & Public Safety Training facility), Medford, Phillips, Spencer, and Wittenberg. NTC's campuses in Medford, Phillips, Spencer, and Wittenberg offer credit courses in several associate degree and diploma programs through self-paced "Flex Labs," interactive television, and conventional classroom settings. NTC's campuses in Wausau, Antigo, Medford, Phillips, Spencer, and Wittenberg offer counseling and career development services, as well as a wide variety of continuing education and vocational classes. NTC offers 26 Associate Degrees, 9 Technical Diplomas, 11 programs offering completion in less than one year, 14 Apprenticeship programs and 34 Certificate programs. Northcentral Technical College is accredited by the North Central Association – Higher Learning Commission, American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation, Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology Technology (JRCERT) and National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- The nearest community college to Northcentral Technical College is Mid-State Technical College (41.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,779 students | 41.60 Mi500 32nd St N
Wisconsin Rapids,  WI  54494
- 1,139 students | 43.40 MiHwy G South
Rhinelander,  WI  54501
- 10,361 students | 76.00 Mi1825 N Bluemound Dr
Appleton,  WI  54912
- 10,406 students | 82.00 Mi2740 W Mason St
Green Bay,  WI  54307
- 1,132 students | 83.10 Mi904 South Taylor Street, Suite 100
Green Bay,  WI  54303
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.