- The college is in service to the people of Northern Wisconsin, it deliver superior community college education that transforms lives and enriches communities.
Nicolet Area Technical College serves 1,822 students (12% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority American and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 25%.
- Enrollment: 1,822 students
- In-state tuition: $4,693
- Out-state tuition: $6,960
- Acceptance Rate: 76%
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 86 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Nicolet Area Technical College
(WI) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Nicolet Area Technical College has grown by 36% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five years.
The Nicolet Area Technical College diversity score of 0.19 is less than the state average of 0.42. The school's diversity has declined by 19% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,693 is more than the state average of $4,173. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,960 is more than the state average of $6,317. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Nicolet is a public community college serving Northern Wisconsin from its Lake Julia campus on Lake Julia south of Rhinelander, from the Lakeland campus in Minocqua, and from other instruction centers located within the Nicolet District. The College offers one- and two-year career diplomas and degrees, liberal arts university transfer studies, and a comprehensive continuing education program. Created in 1967 as a pilot community college, Nicolet was destined to be unique in Wisconsin. In a state with University of Wisconsin branch campuses and separately administered technical colleges, Nicolet's mission is to combine the two functions and offer a comprehensive educational program incorporating occupational education, liberal studies, and continuing education offerings. In its short history it has persisted in removing artificial barriers between what traditionally have been identified as "academic" and "vocational." The total curriculum is open to all members of the Nicolet learning community. Students develop programs to meet individual educational and occupational goals. The Nicolet District is comprised of all of Oneida, Vilas, and Forest counties, and portions of Iron, Lincoln, and Langlade counties. The District presently includes approximately 4,000 square miles with a population of 70,000 persons. Nicolet currently serves over 1,500 students each semester with offerings in vocational-technical and liberal arts and approximately 10,000 in continuing education, trade extension, and apprenticeship programs. The governing agency for the College is the Nicolet Board. The institution is under the general jurisdiction of the Wisconsin Technical College System. Nicolet is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).
Profile last updated: 01/24/2023
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Nicolet Area Technical College cost?
Nicolet Area Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,693 for In-State students and $6,960 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Nicolet Area Technical College?
The acceptance rate of Nicolet Area Technical College is 76%, which is lower than the state average of 100%.
What is Nicolet Area Technical College's ranking?
Nicolet Area Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Wisconsin for: Least debt for graduating students.
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.