Nicolet Area Technical College
- The college is in service to the people of Northern Wisconsin, it deliver superior community college education that transforms lives and enriches communities.
- Enrollment: 1,822 students
- In-state tuition: $4,693
- Out-state tuition: $6,960
- Acceptance Rate: 76%
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Nicolet is a public community college serving Northern Wisconsin from its Lake Julia campus on Lake Julia south of Rhinelander, from the Lakeland campus in Minocqua, and from other instruction centers located within the Nicolet District. The College offers one- and two-year career diplomas and degrees, liberal arts university transfer studies, and a comprehensive continuing education program. Created in 1967 as a pilot community college, Nicolet was destined to be unique in Wisconsin. In a state with University of Wisconsin branch campuses and separately administered technical colleges, Nicolet's mission is to combine the two functions and offer a comprehensive educational program incorporating occupational education, liberal studies, and continuing education offerings. In its short history it has persisted in removing artificial barriers between what traditionally have been identified as "academic" and "vocational." The total curriculum is open to all members of the Nicolet learning community. Students develop programs to meet individual educational and occupational goals. The Nicolet District is comprised of all of Oneida, Vilas, and Forest counties, and portions of Iron, Lincoln, and Langlade counties. The District presently includes approximately 4,000 square miles with a population of 70,000 persons. Nicolet currently serves over 1,500 students each semester with offerings in vocational-technical and liberal arts and approximately 10,000 in continuing education, trade extension, and apprenticeship programs. The governing agency for the College is the Nicolet Board. The institution is under the general jurisdiction of the Wisconsin Technical College System. Nicolet is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Nicolet Area Technical College cost?
Nicolet Area Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,693 for In-State students and $6,960 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Nicolet Area Technical College?
The acceptance rate of Nicolet Area Technical College is 76%, which is lower than the state average of 100%.
What is Nicolet Area Technical College's ranking?
Nicolet Area Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Wisconsin for: Least debt for graduating students.