Nicolet Area Technical College
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Nicolet Area Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||86 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,139 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||427 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||712 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,200||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Nicolet is a public community college serving Northern Wisconsin from its Lake Julia campus on Lake Julia south of Rhinelander, from the Lakeland campus in Minocqua, and from other instruction centers located within the Nicolet District. The College offers one- and two-year career diplomas and degrees, liberal arts university transfer studies, and a comprehensive continuing education program. Created in 1967 as a pilot community college, Nicolet was destined to be unique in Wisconsin. In a state with University of Wisconsin branch campuses and separately administered technical colleges, Nicolet's mission is to combine the two functions and offer a comprehensive educational program incorporating occupational education, liberal studies, and continuing education offerings. In its short history it has persisted in removing artificial barriers between what traditionally have been identified as "academic" and "vocational." The total curriculum is open to all members of the Nicolet learning community. Students develop programs to meet individual educational and occupational goals. The Nicolet District is comprised of all of Oneida, Vilas, and Forest counties, and portions of Iron, Lincoln, and Langlade counties. The District presently includes approximately 4,000 square miles with a population of 70,000 persons. Nicolet currently serves over 1,500 students each semester with offerings in vocational-technical and liberal arts and approximately 10,000 in continuing education, trade extension, and apprenticeship programs. The governing agency for the College is the Nicolet Board. The institution is under the general jurisdiction of the Wisconsin Technical College System. Nicolet is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (formerly North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).
- The nearest community college to Nicolet Area Technical College is Northcentral Technical College (43.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,377 students | 43.40 Mi1000 Campus Dr
Wausau,  WI  54401
- 2,779 students | 84.70 Mi500 32nd St N
Wisconsin Rapids,  WI  54494
- 10,406 students | 95.30 Mi2740 W Mason St
Green Bay,  WI  54307
- 1,132 students | 96.10 Mi904 South Taylor Street, Suite 100
Green Bay,  WI  54303
- 10,361 students | 100.10 Mi1825 N Bluemound Dr
Appleton,  WI  54912
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.