- Fox Valley Technical College offers services from a variety of campus locations, regional centers and training sites. Many online learning options are also available, plus blended options which combine online learning with hands-on instruction. The college also provides customized business solutions that help employers ensure their workforce is ready and can gain a competitive edge in the market.
Fox Valley Technical College serves 10,361 students (28% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 25%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 10,361 students
- In-state tuition: $3,800
- Out-state tuition: $5,000
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 22%
- Source: Verified school update
Fox Valley Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
The teacher population of 1,222 teachers has grown by 134% over five years.
Fox Valley Technical College
(WI) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Fox Valley Technical College has declined by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Fox Valley Technical College diversity score of 0.39 is less than the state average of 0.42. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,800 is less than the state average of $4,173. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,000 is less than the state average of $6,317. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
2 semesters with 12
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Each year 40,000-50,000 people enroll in classes at FVTC
- Approximately 20,000 people take continuing education courses annually
- FVTC serves approximately 8,000 degree-declared students each year
- Around 60% of program students attended part-time
- FVTC trains over 1,000 apprenticeship students annually
- 16% of area high school graduates enrolled at FVTC directly from high school
Profile last updated: 07/12/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Fox Valley Technical College cost?
Fox Valley Technical College's tuition is approximately $3,800 for In-State students and $5,000 for Out-State students.
What is Fox Valley Technical College's ranking?
Fox Valley Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Wisconsin for: Least expensive tuition, Largest student body, Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Highest completion rates.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.