- North Lake College, created as a part of the Dallas County Community College District in 1977, is a public community college with an open-door admission policy which anticipates and responds to the educational, training, and employment needs of the community. The college prepares people for successful living and responsible citizenship through quality educational programs.
North Lake College serves 11,310 students (16% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 83% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 70%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 11,310 students
- In-state tuition: $3,015
- Out-state tuition: $4,695
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 83%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
North Lake College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
The teacher population of 536 teachers has grown by 132% over five years.
North Lake College
(TX) Community College Avg.
Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of North Lake College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The North Lake College diversity score of 0.73 is more than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,015 is less than the state average of $3,626. The in-state tuition has declined by 9% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,695 is less than the state average of $5,997. The out-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- North Lake College is a two-year college that is recognized for quality education and its innovative and productive partnerships with businesses, the community and other educational institutions. The college serves a student population of approximately 8,000 credit students and 4,000 continuing education students per semester. North Lake College offers a variety of courses and programs to support your educational goals. You can complete a two-year associate degree program, a certificate program, or enroll in individual courses to meet personal goals. North Lake has a "core" curriculum of courses guaranteed to transfer to all Texas public colleges and universities. North Lake focuses on building partnerships with the community - an approach that cultivates many opportunities for students. For example, North Lake has teamed up with Microsoft to become an official training site for Microsoft certified systems engineers. And there's more - a unique video technology studio and degree program, a 60,000-square-foot center for learning the construction trades plus a construction management and technology program, and programs in fields that include accounting, business administration, computer information technology, electrical technology, real estate and mortgage banking. North Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does North Lake College cost?
North Lake College's tuition is approximately $3,015 for In-State students and $4,695 for Out-State students.
What is North Lake College's ranking?
North Lake College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Diversity in US community colleges and Largest student body.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.