- North Lake College, created as a part of the Dallas County Community College District in 1977, is a public community college with an open-door admission policy which anticipates and responds to the educational, training, and employment needs of the community. The college prepares people for successful living and responsible citizenship through quality educational programs.
- Enrollment: 11,310 students
- In-state tuition: $3,015
- Out-state tuition: $4,695
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 83%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- North Lake College is a two-year college that is recognized for quality education and its innovative and productive partnerships with businesses, the community and other educational institutions. The college serves a student population of approximately 8,000 credit students and 4,000 continuing education students per semester. North Lake College offers a variety of courses and programs to support your educational goals. You can complete a two-year associate degree program, a certificate program, or enroll in individual courses to meet personal goals. North Lake has a "core" curriculum of courses guaranteed to transfer to all Texas public colleges and universities. North Lake focuses on building partnerships with the community - an approach that cultivates many opportunities for students. For example, North Lake has teamed up with Microsoft to become an official training site for Microsoft certified systems engineers. And there's more - a unique video technology studio and degree program, a 60,000-square-foot center for learning the construction trades plus a construction management and technology program, and programs in fields that include accounting, business administration, computer information technology, electrical technology, real estate and mortgage banking. North Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.