North Lake College
- North Lake College, created as a part of the Dallas County Community College District in 1977, is a public community college with an open-door admission policy which anticipates and responds to the educational, training, and employment needs of the community. The college prepares people for successful living and responsible citizenship through quality educational programs.
- The teacher population of 231 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Lake College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||231 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,744 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,356 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,388 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,900||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- North Lake College is a two-year college that is recognized for quality education and its innovative and productive partnerships with businesses, the community and other educational institutions. The college serves a student population of approximately 8,000 credit students and 4,000 continuing education students per semester. North Lake College offers a variety of courses and programs to support your educational goals. You can complete a two-year associate degree program, a certificate program, or enroll in individual courses to meet personal goals. North Lake has a "core" curriculum of courses guaranteed to transfer to all Texas public colleges and universities. North Lake focuses on building partnerships with the community - an approach that cultivates many opportunities for students. For example, North Lake has teamed up with Microsoft to become an official training site for Microsoft certified systems engineers. And there's more - a unique video technology studio and degree program, a 60,000-square-foot center for learning the construction trades plus a construction management and technology program, and programs in fields that include accounting, business administration, computer information technology, electrical technology, real estate and mortgage banking. North Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to North Lake College is Golf Academy of America-Farmers Branch (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 4.50 Mi1861 Valley View Lane, Suite 100
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 435 students | 5.10 Mi12005 Ford Road, Suite 100
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 909 students | 6.10 Mi11830 Webb Chapel Road
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 490 students | 6.80 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
- 12,403 students | 7.80 Mi3939 Valley View Ln
Dallas,  TX  75244
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.