North Lake College
- North Lake College, created as a part of the Dallas County Community College District in 1977, is a public community college with an open-door admission policy which anticipates and responds to the educational, training, and employment needs of the community. The college prepares people for successful living and responsible citizenship through quality educational programs.
- The teacher population of 231 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Lake College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||231 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,744 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,356 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,388 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,900||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- North Lake College is a two-year college that is recognized for quality education and its innovative and productive partnerships with businesses, the community and other educational institutions. The college serves a student population of approximately 8,000 credit students and 4,000 continuing education students per semester. North Lake College offers a variety of courses and programs to support your educational goals. You can complete a two-year associate degree program, a certificate program, or enroll in individual courses to meet personal goals. North Lake has a "core" curriculum of courses guaranteed to transfer to all Texas public colleges and universities. North Lake focuses on building partnerships with the community - an approach that cultivates many opportunities for students. For example, North Lake has teamed up with Microsoft to become an official training site for Microsoft certified systems engineers. And there's more - a unique video technology studio and degree program, a 60,000-square-foot center for learning the construction trades plus a construction management and technology program, and programs in fields that include accounting, business administration, computer information technology, electrical technology, real estate and mortgage banking. North Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to North Lake College is Golf Academy of America-Farmers Branch (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 4.50 Mi1861 Valley View Lane, Suite 100
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 435 students | 5.10 Mi12005 Ford Road, Suite 100
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 909 students | 6.10 Mi11830 Webb Chapel Road
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 490 students | 6.80 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
- 12,403 students | 7.80 Mi3939 Valley View Ln
Dallas,  TX  75244
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.