North Lake College
- North Lake College, created as a part of the Dallas County Community College District in 1977, is a public community college with an open-door admission policy which anticipates and responds to the educational, training, and employment needs of the community. The college prepares people for successful living and responsible citizenship through quality educational programs.
- The teacher population of 231 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Lake College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||231 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,744 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||47:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,356 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,388 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,900||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- North Lake College is a two-year college that is recognized for quality education and its innovative and productive partnerships with businesses, the community and other educational institutions. The college serves a student population of approximately 8,000 credit students and 4,000 continuing education students per semester. North Lake College offers a variety of courses and programs to support your educational goals. You can complete a two-year associate degree program, a certificate program, or enroll in individual courses to meet personal goals. North Lake has a "core" curriculum of courses guaranteed to transfer to all Texas public colleges and universities. North Lake focuses on building partnerships with the community - an approach that cultivates many opportunities for students. For example, North Lake has teamed up with Microsoft to become an official training site for Microsoft certified systems engineers. And there's more - a unique video technology studio and degree program, a 60,000-square-foot center for learning the construction trades plus a construction management and technology program, and programs in fields that include accounting, business administration, computer information technology, electrical technology, real estate and mortgage banking. North Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to North Lake College is Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Dallas (6.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 909 students | 6.10 Mi11830 Webb Chapel Road
Dallas,  TX  75234
- 490 students | 6.80 Mi1250 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150
Dallas,  TX  75247
- 12,403 students | 7.80 Mi3939 Valley View Ln
Dallas,  TX  75244
- 162 students | 8.50 Mi2600 Stemmons Fwy Ste 117
Dallas,  TX  75207
- 207 students | 9.70 Mi1950 N. Stemmons Freeway, Suite 4080 Dallas INFOMART
Dallas,  TX  75207
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.