North Georgia Technical College
- North Georgia Technical College is a public, residential, multi-campus, two-year technical college whose mission is to provide quality technical education, adult education, continuing education, and business and industry training to individuals who can benefit from these programs and services. These efforts improve the quality of life of individuals by preparing them to succeed as literate and technically competent members of the workforce and by promoting the economic growth and development of the Northeast Georgia region. The college offers both traditional and distance learning courses that lead to the certificate, the diploma, and the associate degree. The college encourages the development of the whole individual in a learning-centered environment while maintaining measures of cost effectiveness and fiscal soundness in program planning, implementation, and services. Instruction in work ethics is emphasized, and lifelong learning is promoted. A highly competent, professional faculty and staff are customer focused and dedicated to providing high quality, accessible education and training through continuous improvement efforts.
- The teacher population of 108 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Georgia Technical College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||108 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,663 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,067 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,596 students||1,473 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||461|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,200||$29,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to North Georgia Technical College is Truett-McConnell College (12.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,681 students | 12.60 Mi100 Alumni Dr
Cleveland,  GA  30528
- 1,218 students | 27.10 Mi1 College Street
Young Harris,  GA  30582
- 3,695 students | 33.70 Mi2990 Landrum Education Dr
Oakwood,  GA  30566
- n/a students | 33.90 Mi3820 Mundy Mill Rd
Oakwood,  GA  30566
- 6,386 students | 41.80 Mi7900 U.S. Hwy 76
Pendleton,  SC  29670
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.