Metropolitan Community College-Blue River
- The academic resource center at Blue River can assist students with strengthening basic skills. Free tutoring is available, as well as math and writing labs. There is also computer-assisted instruction. Blue River's computer labs are open to students who need access to computers for projects such as term papers or research. The newly-renovated student development center at Blue River houses the offices of academic advising, counseling, financial aid and student employment services. Students can meet with the student development staff for one-on-one assistance, or work individually in the self-serve areas. Depending on the needs of the individual student, the student development center provides the level of service needed for students to achieve their goals. The student development professionals are on hand to help students make good, sound academic and career planning choices.
- The teacher population of 76 teachers has grown by 15% over five years.
|Metropolitan Community College-Blue River||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||76 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||612 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,900||$31,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||65%||87%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$7,078||$11,165|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,859||$4,750|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Metropolitan Community College-Blue River is National American University-Independence (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 646 students | 2.20 Mi3620 Arrowhead Avenue
Independence,  MO  64057
- 638 students | 7.30 Mi8955 E 38th Terrace
Kansas City,  MO  64129
- n/a students | 9.50 Mi1775 Universal Avenue
Kansas City,  MO  64120
- 18,222 students | 13.20 Mi3200 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
- 590 students | 13.30 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.