Metropolitan Community College-Blue River
- The academic resource center at Blue River can assist students with strengthening basic skills. Free tutoring is available, as well as math and writing labs. There is also computer-assisted instruction. Blue River's computer labs are open to students who need access to computers for projects such as term papers or research. The newly-renovated student development center at Blue River houses the offices of academic advising, counseling, financial aid and student employment services. Students can meet with the student development staff for one-on-one assistance, or work individually in the self-serve areas. Depending on the needs of the individual student, the student development center provides the level of service needed for students to achieve their goals. The student development professionals are on hand to help students make good, sound academic and career planning choices.
- The teacher population of 76 teachers has grown by 15% over five years.
|Metropolitan Community College-Blue River||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||76 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||612 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,900||$31,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||65%||87%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$7,078||$11,165|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,859||$4,750|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Metropolitan Community College-Blue River is National American University-Independence (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 646 students | 2.50 Mi3620 Arrowhead Avenue
Independence,  MO  64057
(816) 412-7700 2.50646
- 638 students | 7.60 Mi8955 E 38th Terrace
Kansas City,  MO  64129
(816) 861-1000 7.60638
- n/a students | 9.60 Mi1775 Universal Avenue
Kansas City,  MO  64120
- 590 students | 13.50 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
(816) 531-5223 13.50590
- 18,222 students | 13.50 Mi3200 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
(816) 604-1000 13.5018,222
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.