Metropolitan Community College-Blue River
- The academic resource center at Blue River can assist students with strengthening basic skills. Free tutoring is available, as well as math and writing labs. There is also computer-assisted instruction. Blue River's computer labs are open to students who need access to computers for projects such as term papers or research. The newly-renovated student development center at Blue River houses the offices of academic advising, counseling, financial aid and student employment services. Students can meet with the student development staff for one-on-one assistance, or work individually in the self-serve areas. Depending on the needs of the individual student, the student development center provides the level of service needed for students to achieve their goals. The student development professionals are on hand to help students make good, sound academic and career planning choices.
- The teacher population of 76 teachers has grown by 15% over five years.
|Metropolitan Community College-Blue River||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||76 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||612 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,900||$31,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2010)||65%||87%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$7,078||$11,165|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,859||$4,750|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Metropolitan Community College-Blue River is National American University-Independence (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 646 students | 2.50 Mi3620 Arrowhead Avenue
Independence,  MO  64057
- 638 students | 7.60 Mi8955 E 38th Terrace
Kansas City,  MO  64129
- n/a students | 9.60 Mi1775 Universal Avenue
Kansas City,  MO  64120
- 590 students | 13.50 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
- 18,222 students | 13.50 Mi3200 Broadway
Kansas City,  MO  64111
We’ll report on the new wine-making program at Walla Walla Community College in Washington, as well as programs at other community colleges nationwide.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.