Metropolitan Community College-Blue River
- The academic resource center at Blue River can assist students with strengthening basic skills. Free tutoring is available, as well as math and writing labs. There is also computer-assisted instruction. Blue River's computer labs are open to students who need access to computers for projects such as term papers or research. The newly-renovated student development center at Blue River houses the offices of academic advising, counseling, financial aid and student employment services. Students can meet with the student development staff for one-on-one assistance, or work individually in the self-serve areas. Depending on the needs of the individual student, the student development center provides the level of service needed for students to achieve their goals. The student development professionals are on hand to help students make good, sound academic and career planning choices.
The teacher population of 76 teachers has grown by 15% over five years.
|Metropolitan Community College-Blue River||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||76 staff||62 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||65%||87%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$7,078||$11,165|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,859||$4,750|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Metropolitan Community College-Blue River is National American University-Independence (2.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 83 students | 2.50 Mi3620 Arrowhead Avenue
Independence, MO 64057
(816) 412-7700 2.5083
- 638 students | 7.60 Mi8955 E 38th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64129
(816) 861-1000 7.60638
- 852 students | 9.60 Mi1775 Universal Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64120
- 606 students | 13.50 Mi3239 Broadway
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 531-5223 13.50606
- 16,351 students | 13.50 Mi3200 Broadway
Kansas City, MO 64111
(816) 604-1000 13.5016,351
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.